Arc 1: Chapter 6

Hui Mingli was very satisfied. "With this, you don't necessarily have to come tomorrow."

Mingyan nodded. 'Yes! More dates with Yan ge ~'

Lily: 'Don't forget about your new album.'

Mingyan: 'Yan ge is my inspiration! So I have to go on lots of dates with him!'

Lily: 'You even call him Yan ge now... Isn't this development too fast?' *speechless*

While Mingyan was contemplating about the various places they could visit on their date, Sam was panicking internally.

"She's done? Hui Mingli, aren't you too slack about this? She's not the number 1 singer, you know? And you're just going to use that one take?" Sam's face didn't look good, and inside his heart, he was disappointed. He didn't mind being ignored by the only Chinese person he knew who could fluently speak English. But now he even had to separate from her? Even if they did meet again in the future, chances were she would already be taken! It was better to strike while the iron was hot!

Sam could have never imagined that, although it's not official, Mingyan was already taken. Before he could fight, he had already lost.

Hui Mingli's face wasn't good either. Why was his friend making things so hard for him today? He knew that he was a brat, but it wasn't this bad. He wondered if he made the wrong choice?

He shook those thoughts away. He knew that even with Sam's bratty personality, he was one of the best underground rappers. He could only continue enduring for the sake of his song.

He didn't answer Sam but turned to Mingyan instead. "I'll call you if necessary, so don't schedule anything for now. Wait until the song is done."

Sam didn't like it one bit, and Mingyan was seething in anger.

Mingyan: 'My lovey-dovey time has slipped away!!! All because of this dude! Where's my sword?! I'll slice him to pieces!'

Like a loyal subordinate, Lily was about to open her dimensional storage to take out her sword, but then she stopped, 'That's what you're angry about?'

Mingyan's face didn't reveal even a hint of reaction. She only nodded before leaving without any hesitation, successfully slipping away before Sam could ask for her number, her Weibo, or where she lived. He cursed at himself after seeing her escape. He wanted to chase her, but he still had a recording to do, and Hui Mingli was looking at him with a demonic face that said, 'I know what you're thinking, but work comes first.' So he worked obediently. That day, he realized he was in the best shape he had ever been.

Mingyan took the elevator down and had already sent a text to Shen Yan.

Mingyan: 'Whatever, I'll capture him at home instead.'

Lily: 'You just really want to play on your date anyway. And don't you think Shen Yan needs a break? Don't you usually you know... What's the word, ah! Cook them?'

Mingyan: 'Hahaha! Oh Lily you're precious~ And yes, that's right~ But this one is different! It's not enough. I gotta add more seasonings~'

Lily seriously prayed for Shen Yan because she thought that her master would literally cook her.

Ding!

The elevator reached the main floor, and there was a ding before it slid open. Mingyan got out, ready to wait in the front lounge for Shen Yan when there was a commotion in the lobby. She was merely going to take a glance when she froze on the spot.

Enemies really meet on narrow roads. She had forgotten that Chen Rui was an artist like her, and under Brilliant Stars at that!

'This Chen Rui has probably heard the original Mingyan sing before, so she wanted to nip it in the bud before it could grow,' Lily said with distaste.