The Attorney

She wasn't at least surprise to hear from fury asking if he could send the real file to stark , she expected as much .  What did surprise her was Fury giving her half day so he could come along leaving her with no choice but to ask nat to collect misha from school .   a meeting held between her ex already cemented her mood for the day ,  only good thing she could say about the man was he gave her misha and that was it.  she barely spoke to anyone just hushed hello's as she passed.  she may have snapped at john walker couple of times more so than usual  his ego wasn't what she needed .  she felt her phone buzz  seeing a number she didn't know but still she answered anyways. " hey is this Y/N Romanoff " the voice asked. " speaking " she hushed hoping no one heard as she used fake surname  for work and other parts of life. " matt murdock here  i'll be the one  assisting you on your case  ,  just giving you heads up stark won't be there if he is  your ex might try change his mind for a financel route so be me , you and fury if that's ok " he spoke so kindly and with ease  nat told her of her free time and devil is not what he sounded like . " perfect the meet up is at 1 right? " she asked .   " ok i gotta go " she hung up seeing barnes closer to her. " who was that" he asked suddenly . " no one " she went to walk off but he grabbed her wrist. " who was it" he asked again more harsh tone. " my sugar daddy now get your hands off me " she growled .  " hey everything ok " steve came down . " just peachy keep that away from me though" she stormed off holding her wrist. " what was that about " steve asked.  " she's up to something  i know it , she was in fury's office yesterday on his computer , dropping   data off , now secret calls " he watched her head into the hangar . " she could of been doing something for fury plus people are allowed to keep phone calls private and to be honest your not  exactly  friendly to her for her to share that with you " steve explained knowing she wasn't what he thought it was he had a feeling something about her reminded him of their new little friend. " she shows up suddenly , get chummy with the high up , secret calls come on punk use your head" bucky huffed storming off . " where you going jerk " . " home " was all the man said but steve knew that wasn't the case not one bit. 

the day was a blur all that was on mind was seeing the weasel who was about to just give up the best thing in the world like it was nothing .  she couldn't help get the feeling someone was watching and following her only adding to the unease in her gut . " hey kid you ok " fury asked patting her back . "  i think someone followed me here" she whispered. "  no ones out there could just be the stress of the day come on here's matt " he rubbed her back. " so  how are we feeling "  the man spoke smiling. " hmm i thought you  would look different " she said looking him over.  he was handsome and clearly had some muscle but for some reason she was expecting this hard stone cold face . " i get that alot  it will be quick and easy just need fury as the witness for you both to sign more forms and it's done" he smiled holding his hand out for her to shake ." so cane just for show " she whispered barely audible making him chuckle . " bit of both come on little widow " he smirked.  walking in she felt her stomach turn even now the ass couldn't act like a decent being  . " next man i date your doing back ground check " she grimaced . " thank got the kid got your looks" he joked.  " so can we get over this i got gig other side of town " he began clicking his fingers , she hated how she flinch so did fury and murdock . " what my client means is he wanted to get this sad affair over with ".  " course he did " murdock tone dropped cold .  " shit kids probably not even mine "  her ex zack scoffed. " murder is a crime " she repeated making the men beside her chuckle.  " lets get this over with " she huffed . 

He watched the building , he watched as she went in alone same thing of looking around  .   from what he googled of the building it was a rent conference room sort of space perfect cover for whatever sort of seedy business that was going on .  he watched   people going in wondering if any of them stood out and few did  . But one particular group stood out more so than the rest  they all looked set and ready  only one face confirmed it all for him though . There he stood like he was free man whispering to the men around him like nothing in the world was a worry . Brock rumlow one of most highly prolific agents in hydra , a man he'd the pleasure to know personally during his own time .   they entered the building  not long after her  now there it was the connection , the  rock that was going to shatter the lies she had built and he was looking forward to watching everyone with a big told you so ready.   oh bucky was happy he was going to be the one to send the pretty one away where she belonged and he was going to enjoy it for years to come. 

 barely listening to  the talk between the men something else had caught her ea pered that caught fury and matts attention . " ok lets sign shall we"  murdock stood handing out the forms . " that's it i'll be free " her ex almost jumped with excitement. " yeah now lets go sad excuse of a man you make me sick " she signed the pictures texting maria to send back up to her location . " ok done thanks for this  now i get to live my life without the baggage " her ex sang. " oh and sorry " he smirked opening the door. " shit  down " she screamed as they barrelled in the door  within seconds the room  . " where's my money " he asked. " where's the kid " brock asked. " she didn't bring it  but i got her here so money "her ex stomped . " sorry here " was all she heard before gunshots and bodies hitting the floor. " i called for back up  should be here soon" she whispered.  " you think  you could help us out til them and do you think you can you can hold them off for a little " fury looked between the two . "  yeah " they replied . " he's great lawyer remind me to thank stark " she said . " come out bunny and i'll spare your friends" he called. "  how about you leave and die in a hole " she stood up . " well look who it is our little bunny "  he cooed tauntingly . " look who it is freddy kruegers dumb cousin " she spat back . " kid stop taunting him " fury hissed . "  you know we could just put you down and find the kid " he smirked knowing what he was doing . " you won't even get chance to look at him because i'm   going to put you down like the dog you are  " her eyes glowing a mix of blue , orange and white and the flames took over one hand.  she didn't say more nor did she give them the chance to say anything before she sent shockwaves followed by flames pushing the men out of the room  their bullet melting with the intensity of the heat. " hey little widow we got a problem " matt called only for her to look down seeing the blood pouring out of fury's shoulder . " i'll get you opening get him out of  here i can hold them off til back up arrives " she yelled making the flames higher and sparks push further.   in blink of eye  an ice wall thick  enough to stop their bullets and she sent another through a wall giving them an opening. " i'm not leaving you here" fury growled. " you need to get to the hospital i will follow you once once i know your out  now go " she snapped making another wall .    " come on " he sighed as matt pulled him both heading out through the short cut she made .  all she heard was the bullets hitting the ice wall as she watched  knowing she was facing captivity as she felt weak.  falling against the walls she watched them shooting , chipping the wall  waiting for her new life to come looking to see her ex dead body lay out on the ground . only for something to happen a miracle in her eyes as she heard the shouting and bullets heading down making the men stop and run . "  hey  you ok in there " she couldn't help but laugh at maria's voice calling out . " stand back " she yelled sending a ball of fire towards the wall  shattering it sending ice everywhere.   " oh thank god " she ran into the room seeing she was  free of injury or harm . " fury is he ? "  she panted not use to using her abilities that much or at all .  " pissed you made him go yeah very it was a through and through  he's outside " she chuckled. " i better go time to tell the avengers i guess" she huffed. 

she nodded to her co workers most barely able to look due to the shock of finding out she was enhanced.  she walked out to see the blood trail  ending near the entrance to the road. " he's gone to get checked " a familiar voice called. " i'll follow  so to get the verbal whooping " she looked at matt . " hey send me the bill for suit " she called running off towards her car .  her hands shaking as she knew the bombshell she was going to reveal  while she looked for her keys. her ear still ringing not hearing the boots behind her til her hand were cuffed and a hood placed over her head . all she could think about in those spilt seconds was that she was never going to see her son again . " gotcha" .