afterthought

" yeah explain why i'm only finding out your in the compound " she asked looking around checking to see if anyone was following them. " i sent you picture " she shrugged . " call tony "she said as the sound of call being made. " voice activated cool  .. i'm still mad " yelena . " well i didn't expect you to ring  aren't you on your date "she could hear the smirk in his voice. " yeah i was til i found of the pricks hydra i need someone to get to his before he does  a kid there tony " she said  as yelena opened sunroof and began shooting. " is that gunshots " tony yelled. " yeah your background check failed hes following us and he's not alone" she yelled keeping her head down .  " but  that can't be i.. " he stammered . " not the time tony ,  someone to his place and back up my way " she looked to see not only kevin but rumlow both looking right at her.  " done  pietro and thor are gone to his place and team leaving to help you out i will be there soon " he hung up only for kevin number to pop up  . " hey long time no see  any ways you wanna pull over talk this out" he jeered. " yeah i think i'd rather not  " she laughed dryly  .  " pull over bunny " brock spoke . "  you guys really can't take no for an answer can you " she huffed pulling yelena leg. " take the wheel " she whispered . " see boys one mistake of letting dipshit close was for him to tell me all about his electric car" she raised through the sunroof .  " great  little things and if lighten or  say too much energy hits the battery they fry and well   " she sent the shock wave making the car sputter and stall . " they just give up   bye boys hope to never see you " she waved as yelena broke into laughter. " that was bad ass " yelena held her hand up for high five . "  i can't believe i was so stupid " she felt the tear stinging her water line .  " hey hey none of that  , your not stupid  starks background check missing this is stupid  genius my ass " she muttered . "  hey i heard that " they looked up through the sunroof  to see tony flying above them in his suit. " show off " yelena shouted . 

pulling to the car she barely was stopped when nat pulled the door open checking her over get a little shock . " sorry , i'm fine" she said hitting the bracelet .  " thanks to me being there  and might i add next time malyshka is in trouble you call me " she had her finger pointed toward nat . "  oh thank fuck your ok , love you too lena " nat said hugging Y/N tight to her chest before pulling the blonde to her side. " hey come on i need to change " she said looking down at the dress now wanting to burn it .   " where is bubs " yelena asked looking around . " he's at peters aunts  safe  ... right " she turned to nat. " safe " nat confirmed. "  hey go shower we will be  out here"   nat smiled weakly feeling the whole thing was her fault . "  i need it " she shuddered. " why didn't you call me " yelena waited til she was gone before opening her mouth . " because i thought wrong might i add we had it under control " she bit her lip.  " hope not but if there is a next time you call me  " she sighed.  " but you should of seen her out there she was bad ass , all like electric cars are this them  bam stopping them in middle of road while we drove .. it was amazing  " . " hey where is she " bucky stormed into the room . " shower " nat went to hand yelena the mug only to see her in the pantry . " they go away  i don't know how but minute we showed they drove off into  sea of traffic " he growled. " well they're dumb but they're smart too " yelena voice sounding as she was taking full advantage of the snacks. " when you get here" he turned . "  i waited in her car" she shrugged  coming out arms filled with various sweets . "how is she " he turned to nat. " thinking she stupid for not seeing it but i think she did " nat mused seeing her uneasy before she left. " wow you like her huh " yelena chuckled biting into the poptart. " is it that obvious" he asked the two women . "  very broody  boy " she laughed. " hey is she ok " steve ran in . " she ok just pissed " nat still laughing at bucky's face . " well we got the kid  they took her when they found out about sunshine , she at shield waiting for her actual parents " steve explained. " least one thing came from my disastrous date"  her sad voice  had them all turning to see her in lounge clothes her eyes red and puffy. " i feel like idiot i knew something was wrong and ignored it " she sniffled . " come we eat " yelena pulled her to the stool before heading to the freezer  digging  around til she pulled out ice cream . "  sunshine we all thought  it was ok " nat tried and failed with her words. " oh thank god " was all she heard before being pulled into a wall  of muscle . "  hey papa " her sniffles muffled by clints hold . " no dating " he kissed top of her head. " i give up on it " she said finally pulling  back . " don't listen to him... maybe give it time " nat reasoned. " nope  last guy i dated sold me out to hydra and now this one was hydra  i think dating is too dangerous " she said taking the spoon from yelena and eating the ice cream .  " maybe  don't the right guy is out there , just needs the balls " yelena smirked looking directly at bucky. " yeah i mean for right guy  i might lift  the ban " clint said . " nope now can we just not take about my stupid dating life " she sighed. " come on lets watch cartoons " yelena piled the snack into her arm. " you realise the kids not here right " bucky asked. "  they are  " nat nodded to the sisters . 

yelena excitedly gave them a play by play of the car chase while sunshine looked ahead her self doubt coming in ten folds. " oh thank the norns" she  turned to see loki rushing to her side.  " i'm ok really " she smiled weakly but the red eyes  didn't really sell them on it.  "we can put off my sisters this weekend if you want " sam spoke up . " no i need a break away more so now " she smiled . " ok  we can leave whenever your ready tomorrow" he smiled ruffling her hair .  " oh fuck agent back here " she turned to seeing julia rushing toward her  and fury standing pinching the bridge of his nose. " that is my bestie " she turned to fury. " i'll share " loki shrugged . "  hey jules " she chuckled . "  don't hey jules me where is this s.o.b " she stood . " got away calm it " she laughed. " sorry  oh shit hey " she looked to see everyone looking at her. " hey julia " bucky smiled. " hey thanks for brownie " she waved. "  she forced herself in my car " fury rolled his eyes . " she first best friend i've had of course i am " julia smiled brightly.  " you told me repeatedly " fury almost whined . " hey belova" he nodded to yelena . " our baby has friends " yelena  cooed pinching sunshines cheeks. " ok how you have a sad life with out saying you have a sad like " sunshine whined .  " sheltered would be the word " nat laughed. "  so your who i'm sharing the best title with " julia stood eye loki  . " your who i share with  don't it mistaken " he said copying her. " my moneys on the crazy girl " yelena whispered. " i like him " she turned as they all looked at her strangely. " you ok " fury asked her putting his arm around her shoulders . " i feel stupid to think it was actual date and not a set up " she said eyes set in her lap. " i mean you weren't feeling it in first place  , you did say something was missing i just thought you meant b... " julia rambled til sunshine jumped and covered her mouth.  " ok enough words out of your mouth but yeah i did feel something was up and i still went " . "  i should of follow i knew he was bad news " sam growled . " well it over with but when we get back and misha goes to clints , i'll be helping track them down " she huffed sick of hiding. " oh they're screwed " yelena snickered. " that they are " loki matched with his devilish smirk. " i can help too " julia sang. " actually that will be good idea i'll sort it with stark " fury beamed  . " poor bruce" nat snorted knowing the lab was going to be chaos . 

once everyone said their goodbye and yelena saying she be back tuesday. she felt like some air needing to breath after the events of the day still weighed heavily on her.  sitting on the grass looking up at the stars above . " how did i know this is where i would find you " she turned to see bucky joining her on the ground. " creature of habit i suppose "  she turned back to look at the stars . " i mean worst things to do " he smiled seeing her eyes not as red . "  any more word on molly " she asked eye still locked on the sky. " she back with her folks ,  he didn't hurt her physically , he did tell her that her folk didn't love her and gave her to them " she didn't miss the anger in his voice . " least she home and back with them  , they good people " . " farmers  , great people and couldn't thank you enough fury said " he smiled looking to see new tear fall down her cheek. " could of been so much worse for her "  still locked on the stars above but he didn't even have to be looking at her the brokenness of her voice spoke volumes. " don't i know it " he said matching the tone . " probably the only one who does "  her hand held his squeezing it before letting it go .  " those  years felt like an eternity  i can't imagine what it was for you " she added finally looking at his face. "  a year at that age is eternity  , i was lucky to be frozen  i got break with that " he  inched closer. " we really doing top trump trauma here " she giggling wiping her tears. " what i'm saying is neither of us deserved it  " he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. both staying in a comfortable silence enjoying the night sky and company .