Chapter Three

"Dean!" She exclaimed, as she jogged over to him.

      Without even really thinking, the girl wrapped her arms around the hunter. Dean recognized the smell of leather, and the hint of oil, but he had no idea who this chick was. She just ran up on him, so he pushed her off and pulled out his gun. He held the gun up and pointed it at her with a glare on his face.

"Who the hell are you?" He snapped, as Baby stared at him with wide eyes.

"I-It's me, Dean," She murmured,"Baby."

"Baby?" He scoffed,"I hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but Baby's a frigging Chevy Impala."

"No, Dean, it's really me. I'm really Baby, I promise." She said, causing him to scoff again.

"Prove it," He retorted,"This is bullshit, but if you're really Baby, prove it."

"What do you want? Stories? What happened when I got here?" She bit her lip,"Do you want me to show you my tattoos from all the things you guys did to me? My license plate tattoo?" She asked, and Dean scowled.

"Everything." He replied, causing her to nod warily.

        Baby decided to show him the tattoos first, including her license plate number. She could see it in his eyes when she turned around, that he was starting to believe her. She just hoped that he didn't think she was nasty for exposing so much skin to show him the tattoos.

"I don't know how I got here, Dean. I remember being parked outside waiting for you and Sam, then next minute I'm waking up as a frigging human in this world. Nobody's here, and I'm so confused about how I got here and where the hell all the people are." She said, making Dean frown.

"You didn't find anyone else either?" He asked, causing her to shake her head,"Okay, tell me a story only Baby would know."

"Um, when you were sixteen, you brought a blonde chick on a date. John wanted you home early, because he needed the car, but instead you kept it an hour too long. When she was in the car, you kept calling her Sarah, but her name was Jessica. When she got mad at you for it, she left, and you were angrily talking to yourself on the ride home. You said that you only took her on a date because you heard she was good at sex, and you gave her the nickname Bullwinkle, which you had laughed about and hoped John would find it funny enough not to kick your ass." She said, and Dean chuckled.

"It's still funny," He commented, causing her to chuckle as well,"God, this is so screwed up. I mean, Baby, you were a frigging car! Now you're human, and I don't know how the hell that happened. I don't know how we got here, or where in the hell here is. It obviously isn't our world, or not our time — I'm not sure which, but I know this isn't right. We didn't have zombies."

"Zombies?!" She exclaimed,"What the hell?!"

"That's what I said!" He replied, looking as exasperated as she was.

"Should we try to find people?" Baby asked,"Maybe they could tell us what is going on."

"Guess we gotta start walkin'." He answered, and she nodded.

        Dean and Baby began walking through the small area they were in. There was absolutely nobody there, but as they continued on, they could see the city coming into view. Dean hoped like hell that Baby could protect herself a little bit, even though he knew if anything happened, he could protect them.

        The city had a few dead laying around, and Dean was cautious about getting too close to them. He didn't want to chance them waking up and taking a chunk out of him because he wasn't being careful. As they walked, he found a small, silver colored car that looked to be in good shape. It definitely wasn't his style, but it was better than being out in the open.

        Dean lead Baby over to the car, and he sighed in relief when he realized that the car was unlocked. He sat down in the front seat and leaned forward to hot wire the car, as Baby checked a few places to see if she could find keys. Right before Dean started to hot wire the car, Baby let out a small gasp. He looked up, and seen her pulling a set of keys from the glove box.

"Whoever had this car really wanted it to get stolen." Dean grumbled, and Baby chuckled quietly to herself.

         Dean was such a character. She really liked him, and even if she wouldn't say anything, she was definitely happy she was sent with Dean, instead of staying with Sam. Sam was always so boring and emotional at times, but there were the rare times when he was fun like Dean.

         As Dean drove the car through the city, he and Baby had their windows down to let some air into the car. Much like before, Dean was use to not having air conditioning, so he didn't mind riding with the windows down. Baby didn't either though, considering she had lived outside forever, and she was only now a human who could potentially give a damn about the weather.

"Do you hear that?" Baby asked, looking over at Dean with furrowed eyebrows.

           Dean stopped the car and turned it off so he could try to hear whatever she was talking about. After a moment or two, he could hear what sounded like gun shots. If there were gun shots, there had to be at least one person. He quickly started the car again and drove towards the noise.

"What if we're driving into a trap?" She asked, and Dean gave her a serious look.

"We get the hell out of the area, and leave them for the zombies." He replied, causing her to nod silently.

         She didn't like the idea of leaving someone for dead, but if it kept her and Dean alive, she wouldn't think twice about it...