Chapter Thirteen

A few days passed, but Dean and Baby still stayed away from the group for the most part. The group had gotten an earful when they had gotten back, and Hershel seen Jimmy with the group. Hershel hadn't wanted his people taken out, and he didn't want guns on his property. Dean and Baby were not giving up their weapons, so they hid them and that was that.

      Dean and Baby went out on their own to search for Sophia everyday. The only other person that even bothered to look everyday was Daryl, but Daryl was injured a couple of days ago while searching for Sophia. Andrea had also grazed him with a bullet, which was one of the main reasons Hershel didn't want guns on his property, because of people like Andrea who didn't know how to use them.

       Dean had decided to go out on his own, since Baby had been feeling a bit too tired to be out in the woods searching for Sophia. While Dean was out, Baby stayed near their tent, laying against a tree that gave the tent a little bit of shade from the sun. She had a book proped against her legs, as she enjoyed the breeze that blew through her hair.

"Baby?" She heard, causing her to look over and see Maggie headed her way.

         Baby had never talked to Maggie, she just knew her name because of Glenn. Glenn had mentioned her when he was asking Baby and Dean if they needed anything when Glenn and Maggie went on a run into town. Glenn was a nice guy, he was just a little too talkative sometimes.

"Hey." Baby replied, unsure as to why Maggie was coming over to her.

"I seen you over here by yourself, and I thought I could introduce myself formally," Maggie said,"I realized that you weren't hanging out with the other women, and I figured you may not know them that well, or maybe don't get along with them."

"I don't not know them," Baby commented,"I just don't really get along with them, y'know?"

"Mind telling me why?" Maggie asked,"I'm just curious." She added quickly, and Baby shrugged.

"Carol and I just never really talked, but I'm not her biggest fan right now. I'm kind of mad at her for her being upset with us for not finding Sophia yet, but she's not out there searching," Maggie nodded as Baby talked,"Andrea is trying too hard to prove herself. She wants to be seen almost as though she was a guy, but not? If that makes sense," Again, Maggie nodded,"Lori is a bitch. I mean, I hate to be so brash, but she is. When I first met her, she was trying to change my name because she thought it was too inappropriate for the kids."

"But that's your name, isn't it?" This time Baby nodded,"Then I don't see what Lori's problem is."

"I'm use to the glares and snide remarks now, but some days they really try to push my limit. They don't realize that I have a limit, and I will fight, and I know that they can't." Baby said, causing Maggie to laugh.

         Maggie sat down next to Baby, and laid her back against the tree as well.

"Tell me about yourself," Maggie commented,"I wanna get to know you. I wanna be your friend, since they aren't."

"Well, my name's Baby. I'm a Scorpio, and I love sunsets and starry nights..." Baby trailed off, and she and Maggie laughed.

"Not a dating profile!" Maggie exclaimed jokingly, causing Baby to grin, though she wasn't sure what a dating profile was.

"I've known Dean most of his life, and we've been together since the start of this." She said, motioning her finger in a circle, as though to make a gesture of the start of the apocalypse.

"You two aren't married?" Maggie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, but if any of the group asks, don't tell them anything." She replied, and Maggie nodded.

"You're different than most of the people I've met in my life." Maggie commented, causing Baby to shrug.

"I wasn't raised by a woman, y'know?" Baby sighed,"All my life, I've been surrounded by men."

"So you never had a mom?" Maggie asked, and Baby shook her head,"Do you wish you did?"

"I don't think so," Baby answered,"I don't think I'd be like I am today, if there was a woman around for most of my life."

"Well, now you have a girl best friend," Maggie said,"and I'll teach you girly things, like painting your nails and doing your makeup."

"You have that stuff?" Baby asked, remembering Amy and the other girls talking about that stuff during her first night with the group.

"Yeah," Maggie answered,"We can mess with it whenever you feel like it."

"That would be cool," Baby commented, genuinely excited about the idea,"I've always wanted to try it out," She bit her lip,"Does it hurt?"

"No," Maggie chuckled,"I'll show you how to do it all, so you won't hurt yourself."

       Baby smiled at the idea of having a friend. None of the women in the group had ever tried to approach her about trying to be friends. She probably wouldn't have agreed, but it would've been nice if they had at least attempted to become her friend.

       Knowing that Maggie wanted to genuinely be her friend, and teach her things that girls would normally know, made Baby feel happy. She was still a little awkward with the whole human thing, but maybe Maggie could teach her more about being a human girl.

       Maggie and Baby spent another hour just talking and getting to know each other. Baby didn't tell her about her biggest secret, but she would once she knew she could trust her. Maggie didn't leave until Dean came back, but before she left, Baby introduced Maggie to Dean. Dean seemed to like her, which seemed like a good thing to Baby, it meant she could be friends with Maggie without feeling guilty about it...