Chapter Twenty Seven

The next morning, Baby woke up feeling even more anxious than she had last night. She had tried to make it go away, but when it wouldn't, she knew something was wrong. The first thing she did was tell Dean, and Dean decided to trust her anxiety. He made sure every bit of their stuff was packed and ready to go in seconds if need be.

         Only hours later things changed at the prison. Everyone was enjoying their day, other than Dean and Baby, they were worried about what was going to happen today. Dean and Baby were inside when they heard an explosion. They quickly ran outside with the people who weren't outside when it happened, and they seen the Govenor again, but this time with a new group — and a frigging tank!

"Where the hell did he get the tank?!" Baby exclaimed quietly to Dean, causing the man to shrug.

"I've no idea, but tank beats gun every damn time." He replied, and she shook her head with a sigh.

        Daryl supplied everyone with guns discreetly, and things got messy when Michonne and Hershel were brought out with their hands tied behind their backs. The Govenor wanted to talk to Rick, and when Rick told him that everyone could live in the prison together instead of handing the prison over, the man called Rick a liar. Then, in front of everyone's eyes, the Govenor brought Michonne's katana down on Hershel's neck.

         Maggie and Beth screamed and cried, and it didn't take more than a second for bullets to start sounding from both sides. Baby and Dean managed to take out a lot of people, but it wasn't enough. The Govenor's new group was very tactical and dead-set on killing everyone in the prison.

           Baby knew they weren't going to win, they were going to lose this prison. The prison was too badly damaged, and there wasn't anything to save. Everyone was simply fighting for their lives at this point, not for the place they had called home for so long.

"I'm going to get our bags," Baby said, but Dean grabbed her arm,"I'll be back. I promise."

"Baby, you could die--" He began, but she cut him off.

"I won't," She replied,"I'll be back in minutes. I promise. Keep your ass alive, Winchester, and I'll be back in sec."

        Dean watched her run towards the cell block with his heart hammering in his chest. He didn't know if she'd make it back, and he was terrified that something was going to happen to her. He could see so many people fighting other people and fighting walkers, and he was really worried about Baby. When he started seeing people running to survive, Dean knew that they had to go, otherwise they were going to die, and he didn't make it this far just to die.

          When Dean seen Baby running back with their bags, a sigh of relief left his lips. She went to his side, and he pulled his bag from her to take some of the weight. Baby looked around and seen people leaving, and she knew what they had to do.

"I told you I'd be back." She commented, giving Dean a smirk.

"Let's get the hell out of here." Dean said, and Baby nodded quickly in reply.

          As they were running away, they didn't really see many of their group. Dean didn't plan on stopping for anything, so even if they seen some of their group, Dean would've continued running. Like he had promised Baby, she was the only one that mattered to him, and he'd let anyone and everyone die just to protect her.

           Dean and Baby didn't have the chance to take their car, since the Govenor had blown it up in the very beginning of the fight. Baby had wished they had the car, to give them a little bit of safety, but they didn't get that. They were out in the open, and they had run into the woods for safety. It was possibly the safest area, considering the walkers were all headed towards the prison, and the highway was outside of the woods, so they could eventually find the highway to follow.

"We'll search for Sam, now that we're on our own." Dean commented, and Baby agreed.

"Let's hope he has a house or something, I need sleep." She replied, causing Dean to laugh.

        They were on edge, but the little joking comments back and forth made the air less tense. They could've died at the prison, and they had just watched a lot of other people die, so of course they were going to be tense. This is why they had tried their best not to get close to too many people in the group. The feeling of loss wasn't a good feeling, so it was in their best interest to not get close to anyone, but they had gotten close to a few, and that was their mistake.

"Will we leave Georgia?" Baby asked, looking over at Dean.

"It's our best shot at finding Sam." He replied, and she nodded.

"I was hopin' you'd say that. I'm tired of Georgia." She commented, causing a smirk to appear on Dean's lips.

"You're the one that wanted to stay with the group after the farm." He retorted, and she rolled her eyes and pushed him playfully.

       Baby had wanted to stay, but now she wondered if she had made the wrong choice. If she would've left when Dean wanted to, she wouldn't have gotten so close to Maggie or Daryl. She would've saved herself some heartache. This time though, she wasn't going to let anything deter her or Dean from finding Sam. Nobody was going to get in their way, and nobody was going to make her want to stop for even a second. She and Dean were going to find Sam, then they'd figure out what they were going to do next...