Chapter Thirty One

It was weird, living a life that wasn't surrounded by walkers. Dean and Baby had been so used to walkers being right outside, that the new life they lived almost seemed too quiet for them. They liked how quiet it was for the first day or two, but after that, it just seemed too unconventional.

       Dean and Baby were now officially living in the house with Sam. Sam was a bit awkward towards Baby at first, considering the last time he knew her, she was a car. But once Sam got to really know her, he got along with her well. He could see why Dean fell in love with her, she was the perfect girl for him.

        Honestly, for Baby, it was nice to have Sam around. Dean and Sam talked about what they had gone through; Sam's being since the world went to shit, and Dean's being since he came to this world. It was weird, to say the least, but it was like nothing had changed between the two brothers.

         Bobby would visit often, since he had seriously missed Dean. Again, almost everyone was awkward around Baby for a little bit, but they eventually got use to her, and really understood why she and Dean worked so well as a couple. Jo was still very jealous, but she accepted Baby, and that's all that really mattered.

         While living in Alexandria, Baby began to learn how to cook. She wasn't perfect at it, but that was to be expected. The thing was, she was amazing at making pie. It was as if the talent had come natural to her. She eventually became really good at making other things as well, which wasn't a surprise, since she was learning from Dean — who was actually a really good cook when he wanted to be.

           Baby and Dean were eventually reunited with the prison group, and Maggie had cried when she seen Baby. It was almost uncomfortable how much she had cried, but Baby was glad to see her, too. They also met some of the new members of their group, that had become friends with them while on the road. The group had told Baby and Dean about some of the things they had gone through while on the road, and Dean couldn't help but be glad that none of that had happened to him and Baby.

          Daryl had set Dean and Baby up with recruiting like he and Aaron. It wasn't something Dean and Baby were sure they could do, but after some time, it became like a second nature to them. There wasn't many people to bring back often, but it felt good to rescue people once they knew they could trust whoever the person or people were that they were trying to recruit.

          There were a few people that they couldn't trust, but those people didn't last long. It wasn't a surprise that the people they couldn't trust really didn't stand a chance against the walkers. They were shady people, and shady people always got what was coming to them. Death wasn't always the answer, but sometimes leaving them to the walkers was all they could do.

         Again, as said before, it was weird for Dean and Baby to live in a place so quiet at night. It was hard for them to sleep at night with everything being so quiet. Baby almost considered bringing a walker into the town and tying it up near their house, just to help her sleep, considering she was so use to the sound. Obviously, she knew it wasn't safe, but that didn't mean that she didn't consider doing it a time or two.

          Baby and Dean liked how often they were able to simply lay together in bed and enjoy their time together. Sometimes they'd sit on the couch in the living room and read together. Dean hadn't been a fan of reading before, but now he sometimes read simply to entertain his mind. He missed TV; programs such as Scooby-Doo and Dr. Sexy MD. Now there wasn't any TV, and that was one of the things that bothered Dean the most.

            Back in his old world, when he had trouble sleeping, or had nightmares, he would stay up and watch TV. He didn't have that choice now, and it was a pain in the ass. He truly wished that he had the chance to watch TV again, and he knew Baby would really enjoy TV. She'd probably really love all the shows that Dean loved to watch.

"We should have a family dinner." Baby commented, as she and Dean laid down in bed together.

"You wanna invite everyone or...?" He trailed off, and she sighed.

"Is it bad if I only want to invite your family, and maybe Daryl and a couple others?" She questioned, causing Dean to shake his head.

"No, it's fine," Dean replied,"You don't have to invite everyone. I was just asking, so I knew who I could say something to."

"I just don't feel as close to them as I had before," Baby said,"Maybe it was the months after the prison fell, but I just don't feel as close to them as I use to. I really only feel close to Daryl, Maggie, and maybe Glenn."

"I'm not forcing you to be close to any of them," Dean commented,"We have the family we wanted, that's all that matters."

"I love you." Baby murmured, and Dean smiled.

"I love you." He replied, leaving a kiss on her cheek.

       Dean pulled Baby closer to him, holding her as close to his body as he could. He loved feeling her close to him. He loved having her body against his. Her touch, to him, was intoxicating. He was addicted to her, but it was an addiction that he never wanted to end. She was his everything. She was his world. He loved her more than life itself, and not a damn thing in the world would change that...