Chapter Twenty Six

Dean knew there was a reason he hated the idea of people coming into the prison. While they were out scaling the fences, there were screams heard from another cell block. They took off running towards the cell block, and were shocked to see so many walkers. Working together, the group took out all the walkers and saved the children and others that happened to survive.

       Turned out that Patrick, one of the teenagers that had been brought from Woodbury, had gotten sick and died in his sleep. When he became a walker, he went through and bit so many people. There were lots of people eaten and killed. Dean shook his head, knowing that they shouldn't have let all these people in. This could've been them, if these people lived in the same cell block as them.

        The survivors were moved to an area to keep them from getting the others sick. Everyone that went to help also had to stay away from the others. Dean was pissed that they had potentially contaminated themselves because of these people that had joined the prison.

         Later that day, a couple of people began coughing. They were put in a room alone, and the night went on as it always would. The next morning, Tyrese was angry as hell, as he had found his girlfriend, Karen, burnt to a crisp. Baby and Dean were freaked out by the revelation, and wondered who could've done that.

          Rick had the idea that it wad probably done to keep people from getting sick, but it didn't work. It went fast, the amount of people that were getting sick. Eventually it was decided that there needed to be a run to find the medicine that would save everyone.

"I want you two to stay here and help keep the rest of the group safe. We don't know how many more people we're going lose." Rick said, and reluctantly Baby and Dean agreed.

          Baby and Dean patrolled outside of the prison with their weapons, ready to lead sick people to all the other sick people. They were also keeping any other sick people killers away. They had found out that Carol had been the one to kill the two people the other night, and though Rick had sent her away, it didn't mean that she wasn't the only one thinking of the idea.

            A few hours later, all hell broke loose. Dean and Baby were outside when they heard a commotion coming from inside. They quickly ran towards the noise, only to see something going on inside with all the sick people. They knew they were supposed to wait until the group got back with medicine, but they were worried about what could get out if they didn't go in and help out.

            They forced their way inside, just in time to lock Lizzie and a few others into their cells to keep them safe, then they split up to help different people. Eventually, by the time the group got back, Daryl found Baby using the bag on Glenn to keep him breathing, and Dean was unlocking the cells they had initially locked. Maggie and Sasha were in the cell with Glenn and Baby, but the other woman weren't looking too good.

            Hershel hooked all of the sick people up to IV bags to help them get better. He forced Maggie, Dean, and Baby to get an IV as well, considering they had been touching the sick people and touching things that the sick people had touched and possibly coughed on. None of three argued, considering they knew Hershel simply wanted to help, and they didn't want to get sick.

            After finishing their IV bags, Baby and Dean headed to their cell. They needed rest after the long day they had encountered. The two grabbed clothes and went to the showers to take a quick shower, and even though they really missed the hot water, cold water wasn't horrible. After showers, the two put on clean, fresh clothes and went to their cell to lay down.

             Baby laid close to Dean, allowing her body to relax. Everything had been so tense and hectic for the last few days, and they just needed a little bit of time to relax and not feel like they were going to fall asleep on their feet. After a while, the two fell asleep, but Baby woke up in the middle of the night with a startled jump. Her movement had woken Dean up, and he seen her heavily breathing, as she sat up on their bunk.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked, placing his hand on her back and rubbing her back soothingly.

"Have you ever had a dream that makes you think that something bad is going to happen?" Baby murmured, causing Dean to furrow his eyebrows.

"What did you dream about?" He asked, and she sighed.

"I don't even know," She answered,"but Dean, I'm telling you, something bad is gonna happen. I know it, I can't stop feeling it."

"Okay," Dean nodded,"In the morning when we wake up, we'll pack our bags. We'll make sure we have everything to leave immediately." He said, and she nodded.

         Knowing Dean believed her made her feel a bit better. She laid back down next to him and got comfortable. She and Dean would wake up in a few hours to pack all their things to leave. The feeling didn't go away, Baby just pushed it away enough to get some sleep. She had a feeling she wouldn't get much sleep for some time, so she needed to get as much sleep as she could right now. The future was seeming more and more sleepless as she began to feel more and more scared and worried as she slept next to Dean...