Chapter Twelve

The next morning, the rest of the group that was left on the highway decided to head to the farm. They needed to regroup, and staying out on the highway wasn't getting them anywhere. Carol cried about her daughter coming back and them not being there, so they decided to leave a message and some food for her.

"She didn't even help searching, except for when the whole group went out to the woods," Baby commented, as they drove to the farm,"I don't see why she has any right to get mad or upset at us when she doesn't do anything but sit and cry."

"I'd destroy everything in my path to find her, if she was my kid." Dean said, and Baby nodded in agreement.

"I just think she needs to get up and do something herself, otherwise she can't expect anyone else to help," Baby replied,"Everyone will search until we find her, but I'm just saying, she can't cry about us wanting to move if she's not doing shit to help."

         Dean was unsure about the farm, but he figured it must be a little safer than the highway, since people still lived there. Baby thought the farm was nice, and if she ever had a place to settle down as a human years from now, she began to think that a farm wouldn't be too bad of an idea. A farm was a nice place, and it was definitely far away from big cities that would be full of walkers.

        Dean and Baby stood silently behind Daryl, as they talked to Rick and Lori about Carl. Baby was glad that Carl was alive, but she truly believed that if they would've simply left Carl on the highway with Dale, he wouldn't have been shot. He wouldn't have had to deal with something so traumatizing, but at the same time, T-Dog most likely wouldn't have gotten the help he needed.

        The group began to get their tents out and make camp in the yard of the farm, and though Dean and Baby did like them, they tried to be away from the rest of the group. They wanted to be a bit farther away from everyone, so that if they needed to get the hell out of there in a hurry, the rest of the group wouldn't be in their way and slowly them down or tripping them up.

"We have to go to a funeral for a guy we didn't even know," Baby told Dean,"He was the one that shot Carl, so should he really be praised for losing his life to save him?"

"He was making up for what he did," Dean shrugged,"That counts for something."

      Dean and Baby stood quietly with Daryl, paying attention to every word Shane said about Otis's last moments. After the funeral, the two headed back to their tent to grab things they wanted to bring to go out searching for Carl. While they were in the tent, Baby decided to talk privately with Dean.

"You think Shane killed Otis?" Baby asked, making Dean raise an eyebrow.

"What do you think?" He questioned, and she nodded.

"The way he talked about Otis, it just seemed too farfetched. I mean, I'm not saying Otis wouldn't sacrifice himself for Carl, but it just doesn't sit right with me." She replied, causing Dean to purse his lips.

"I had a feelin' Shane was a bad guy," Dean commented,"Stay the hell away from him as much as possible, and don't ever be alone with him."

      Baby knew Dean was serious, and she could tell from his tone of voice that she had no room to argue. She wouldn't argue anyway, because she didn't exactly feel comfortable around Shane, so she definitely didn't want to be alone with him. If anything, she'd make up an excuse to get away from him if she was ever stuck alone with him.

      Dean and Baby were given an area to search, and luckily they didn't have to bring anyone with them. Dean definitely didn't feel like babysitting any of the idiots in the group, who couldn't tell a twig from a damn tree. Baby didn't really feel too safe with the rest of the group anyway, so bringing someone with her and Dean would've been uncomfortable for her.

"When we find Sophia, we should leave. Maybe we can find Sam, if he's here." Baby commented, and Dean nodded.

"This group is doomed," Deam replied,"we'd have better luck on our own."

"You think Daryl would come with us?" She asked, making Dean turn to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Why?" He asked, causing her to shrug.

"I think he's our friend, Dean. I mean, he helped me put everything into the car without telling the group. We were on his side when his brother was left in Atlanta," She answered,"I think he'd want to come with us. I think it'd give him a better chance, too. Besides, you two seem to get along."

"I'll ask," Dean replied,"but I'm not promisin' that he'll take up the offer."

"I think Sam's out there." She commented, after a moment or two of silence.

"He has to be," Dean replied,"There's no reason why he wouldn't be, unless he's still in our world — or whatever the hell you'd call it."

"What about everyone else?" Baby asked, causing Dean to look over at her.

"Who else?" He questioned, only really thinking about his brother.

"Castiel? Bobby?" She suggested, and he shrugged.

"Guess we won't know until we find 'em." He answered, making her silently nod.

      She stopped asking questions after that. She knew each question was probably making Dean think more about who and what could be out there. She had a feeling that the more he thought about them, the more emotional he would get. When Dean was emotional, he never really showed any emotion other than anger. She rarely seen him cry ever, so she had a feeling anger would arise if she kept asking questions, and she didn't like when Dean was angry...