Chapter Fifteen

Maggie explained quite a bit to Baby. Baby learned what a period was, why women had them, and how to use a tampon. Baby believed that the tampon was a bit weird, but she did learn to use it, and she decided to use them when she really needed them.

      Maggie also explained to Baby about sex. Which, Baby knew a little about it because of Dean and his many escapades, but she didn't know much about it. Once Maggie explained it to her, Baby was a little unsure, and kind of grossed out, but she was also curious. She wanted to know how it felt, but she couldn't exactly ask anyone to have sex with her just because she wanted to see what it felt like, besides, Maggie said the first time hurt.

        Anyhow, while Baby and Dean were eating with the group, Glenn popped up from his seat and announced to everyone that the barn was full of walkers. Baby didn't know how to feel, considering she had explained to Maggie that these things were dangerous. She didn't bother getting upset about it like Shane did, but she was a little disappointed in the Greene family.

          Dean and Baby sat together by their tent, watching as the group argued and complained about the barn. They didn't bother following them to the barn, since they knew it was pointless to investigate, argue, or complain about it. Eventually the barn would open, and they'd have to kill all the walkers inside.

           Over the next few hours, the two sat and watched the group closely. Someone was posted by the barn at all times, and Rick had disappeared with Hershel in the woods a couple hours earlier. Eventually, Shane had his emotional breakdown, and he stormed to the RV for the guns. He carried them around like he was Top Dog, and Baby really wanted to knock him down a peg.

           Shane stomped over to them with the guns heavy in his hands. They both looked at him with raised eyebrows and crossed arms. The two had stood up from the ground, as Shane started heading their way. They didn't want him to feel like he had any form of advantage over them.

"You both got your guns?" Shane asked, causing Baby to shrug.

"What are you doing, Shane?" Dean asked, his voice gruff.

"We're not staying here, if they're going to keep a barn full of walkers. This isn't some fantasy world where this shit will pass. We're going to take care of it before we all die in our sleep because of them." Shane stated, and the two nodded.

"Yeah, we got ours." Dean answered, causing Shane to nod once, before he motioned for the two to follow him.

       Dean and Baby followed after Shane, as he headed towards the rest of the group that was crowding the house. Shane started handing out guns, demanding that everyone listen to him, and take care of what was becoming a threat to them. Lori came out of the house to stick her opinion in when Shane tried to hand Carl a gun, but Baby felt like Lori and Carl should've just went inside.

         Next thing they knew, Rick and Hershel were coming out of the woods with walkers attached to catch poles. Dean and Baby looked at each other with skeptical looks. This group was really becoming more and more of a problem, proving that they were not a group with all the right thoughts when it came to a world like this that they were living in.

         Shane began to shoot at the walkers on the catch poles, trying to prove to everyone that they were dead, and they weren't coming back. When he mentioned the fact that Sophia was in no doubt dead, Baby and Dean became mad at him. How could he have the nerve, when he doesn't know a damn thing about what was really going on with her?

          Shane killed the one walker, before he stormed over to the barn and broke it open. Within seconds, walkers were coming out of the barn, and everyone that had a gun was shooting at them. Baby wanted to yell at Lori to bring Carl inside. He wasn't an adult, so he had no reason to be out there watching what was happening. He deserved to be inside where it was safe, and where he wouldn't be scarred for life. He deserved to have a small sense of childhood still left for at least another year or two.

          Everything became quiet for a moment, before everyone seen a little walker coming out of the barn. Baby's heart broke, as did Dean's, when the little walker came out, and it's face revealed to be Sophia. The poor little girl was dead, and possibly had been dead for some time, and nobody had known. A single tear fell from Baby's eye, as Rick raised his gun and sent a bullet through the little walker's head.

          Baby could hear the cries of Carol, which made her feel bad. She had been mad at the woman for not going out to search, when for all they knew, Sophia had possibly been dead since the night she had disappeared. If Carol would've come across the walker version of her daughter in the woods, she most likely would've never recovered, and quite possibly would've allowed herself to get bit because she wouldn't have the strength to shoot her.

           As Baby turned around, her eyes spotted Lori and Carl. She shook her head with a look of disgust. Carl was crying his heart out, but he never would've had to see any of it, if Lori would've simply kept him inside the house with her, instead of them both following everyone to the barn for the walker massacre. Dean knew Baby was mad, so he simply grabbed her arm and lead her away. He didn't want any more issues started after everything Shane had just caused for the group...