Chapter Four

"Whoa!" Two men raised their hands, as Dean pointed his gun at them.

"We're alive, don't shoot!" The man in the baseball cap cried out, and Dean lowered his gun.

"Where'd you two come from?" The man in the cop uniform asked, but the two didn't answer.

"Doesn't matter, we've gotta go! C'mon!" The other man exclaimed, as he lead them to a ladder.

       The man in the baseball cap went first, then the Dean and the other man had Baby go up, then the man Dean didn't know, then Dean. He wanted to have the upper hand, just incase one of them tried anything. He and Baby stayed quiet, as they followed the other two, whom they learned the names; Glenn and Rick.

       When they got close to where they were being lead, two men raced out with baseball bats and beat on the "geeks" that were in the alleyway. Glenn had called them geeks, which was confusing as hell to Baby. She thought geeks were the people that really like D&D and nerdy crap like that.

       When they stepped into the building, a blonde chick grabbed Rick and pushed him back, holding a gun to his face. Dean pulled Baby close to him and kept his hand on his gun, ready to defend himself and Baby from the crazy blonde in front of them. A man called the blonde "Andrea," and told her to back off of Rick.

"We're dead," Andrea complained,"because of you three." She added, as she motioned her gun to point at the three.

"Bitch--" Baby began, but Dean gave her a look that made her stop.

       Barely a moment later, they heard more gun shots, and Baby wanted to point out that it wasn't them, so is Andrea going to die because of them now? She knew not to say anything though, because Dean would have her ass for it. Dean was a hard ass when he wanted to be, reminding her of the perfect little soldier boy John always tried to make the boys be.

         Again, when they went up a set of stairs, Dean and Baby stayed back, as the group went over to deal with a redneck that was definitely high on something. Once the man was handcuffed, Dean felt that it was safe for him and Baby to walk towards the group. He just wanted to keep them out of the drama as best he could.

"Were you two with Rick?" The other woman asked, who seemed to be a lot more level-headed than Andrea. 

"No, we heard him firing shots, and headed towards the sound," Dean replied,"We don't know Rick."

"Well, I'm Jacqui--" She began, and the man that was sitting on the ground near her spoke up.

"And I'm T-Dog." He added, and Dean nodded in greeting.

"Dean Winchester," He said,"and this is Baby." He added, motioning to the girl.

"Baby?" Jacqui questioned,"That's unique. Is it a nickname?"

"No, it's my real name." She replied, and Jacqui smiled.

       A second later, they heard the redneck laughing. Dean quickly turned around and gave him a glare.

"Something funny, asshole?" Dean questioned, his gaze hardening.

"Nah man," He replied,"Just the fact that your girl has one hell of a name."

"You better stop laughing, or you're gonna lose your teeth, or what's left of 'em." Dean sneered, and the redneck pursed his lips and looked away from Dean and Baby.

       Everyone headed back down into the department store, and Dean and Baby were surprised to see all the dead banging on the door trying to get in. The group began to come up with a plan, but Dean and Baby decided to stay out of it. They didn't want to get sucked into a plan that could get them killed.

"We can go out and grab our car--" Baby began, but Jacqui quickly turned it down.

"That's too dangerous. It's best we just leave it up to Rick and Glenn to get us a way out." She said, and Baby agreed reluctantly.

         Baby and Dean went back up with the others to watch for Rick and Glenn. Baby was glad that she had kept her bag on her, otherwise she would've lost all the stuff she had found — Dean as well. They didn't plan to share their stuff, but if they had to, they'd make the people believe it was very little.

          Dean and Baby went around the department store and stuffed a few other things they thought they'd need in their bags, while the others watched for the two morons. Soon, the others were running down, telling Dean and Baby it was time to leave. When they made it outside, Dean looked across and seen their car they had taken. It was literally just across the street.

"We're going to grab our car!" Dean called,"We'll follow behind you!"

"No--" Andrea began, but the two had all ready run off.

       Dean and Baby actually made it safely to their car, and were able to catch up with the box truck in no time. Baby was feeling tired, which wasn't really something she was use to, but it was to be expected. Dean was tired, too, but he was able to stay awake for a long time depending on the circumstances.

"Do you think they're taking us time somewhere safe?" Baby asked, causing Dean to sigh.

"Won't know till we get there." Dean replied, making Baby frown.

       Dean wanted to keep Baby safe, so he wasn't going to trust wherever they were brought to very easily. He was going to protect the only person he could trust. He also planned to go out searching to see if anyone else had been brought to this place, or if Sam was here. If Sam was here, he and Baby would find him, and they'd stay together. Rather they stayed with the group depended on how safe it seemed to be around them, or if Dean believed the group would be dead without them...