Chapter Seven

"This is ridiculous." Baby grumbled, feeling like she didn't need to be a part of the clean-up crew.

      She didn't know these people, so she didn't see why she and Dean were having to help clean up the dead bodies. She went through and stuck her knife through the heads of all the bodies, while people picked them up and put them in piles.

        When she finished, she had went to help pick all the bodies up. She wanted to get everything finished, so they could get the hell out of the area. The guys were still arguing over where they should go and what they should do. Baby was sure that she and Dean needed to leave, even if that meant leaving the group behind.

         As she and Dean picked up a body, she heard the loud voice of Glenn. He was yelling about how the dead that were a part of the group needed to be buried, not burned like the others. Baby didn't see a reason for that, considering she was almost sure that most of the group barely knew each other.

         It was only a little bit later that the group was freaking out over the fact that one guy in the group, Jim, had been bit. Baby wondered when that could've happened, considering she swore she had stabbed through every dead body's head. Maybe it could've been last night, but it still didn't quite make sense to her.

"Great, now we're going to drag an almost dead body with us." Baby grumbled, and Dean snorted.

          Dean and Baby didn't bother going with to bury the bodies. It wasn't really their group yet, so they didn't feel like it was their place to go to the "funeral." They simply stayed near the area of the burning bodies, making sure it didn't turn into a gigantic forest fire. They didn't feel like burning down half of Georgia.

           Later on, the group began to discuss where they were going to go. They had two choices in mind, the CDC and Fort Benning. Dean doubted both destinations, but he didn't mention it. If the place they chose ended up being dangerous, Dean would get himself and Baby out of there without thinking about anyone they were leaving behind. They didn't have a connection to any of them anyway.

          Jim was getting sicker by the hour, so after some time of arguing, the group decided that they would be going to the CDC. They wanted to try and find a cure, or at least some type of help for Jim. Dean knew it was pointless, but he didn't bother saying anything. The group had made up their mind, and Dean wasn't going to argue with any of them over it.

"We'll follow them, but if it's not safe, we're getting the hell out of there." Dean told Baby, as they waited for the group to get their things together.

         When it was just about time for them to leave, Morales and his family decided they were going to leave the group. They were going to go to Birmingham, Alabama to be with family. Dean was confused on how the hell they knew their family was still there, or even still alive, but he knew if he were them, he'd do the same. He just had no idea where Sam was, so he couldn't really leave the group and have an idea of where he was going yet.

"Let's wait in the car." Dean commented, and Baby nodded.

"I'm worried that this next place isn't going to be the place they're hoping for." Baby said, causing Dean to scoff.

"It won't be, but they've gotta learn the hard way." He replied, making her frown.

       Baby kind of wished that they could tell the group that the place was wrong, and they needed to make a better plan, but the group wouldn't listen either way. If anything, they'd simply change their trajectory to Fort Benning, another place that really wasn't worth it.

"We're better off travelin' to nowhere." Dean said, looking over at Baby, knowing that she didn't want to go to the CDC.

         The drive didn't take too long, but they had to stop because Jim wasn't in good enough shape to travel anymore. He was left behind, and this was another reason why Baby and Dean believed going to the CDC was pointless.  They didn't really feel like the CDC was worth it anymore, since Jim was left behind, and he was the only sick person.

         When the group finally made it to the CDC, Baby considered staying in the car. She didn't feel like going to the building when she was almost certain it was a dead-end. She also didn't want to stay in the car alone, and potentially find herself in a dangerous situation. She really didn't have a good choice on either end.

         Baby stayed close behind Dean, with a bandana covering her face to try and make the smell less pungent. She wasn't quite use to the smell of the dead, but she knew eventually she would be. She'd have to get use to it, otherwise she'd have a small weakness that could potentially get her in a lot of trouble one day.

"This is a dead end, Rick," Shane complained,"There's no one here."

"We should leave, or we're gonna get killed." Baby told Dean, making sure her voice was quiet, so nobody else could hear her.

        Baby and Dean turned to leave, and it seemed the group had the same idea. It didn't last long though, because Rick swore he saw the camera move. Nobody believed him, but knowing that Rick seemed to be in an unfit mind, Baby and Dean stayed to fight off the undead that were headed their way. They weren't going to leave the two children to die because the group were idiots. They were definitely surprised though, when the doors made a noise, before they lifted, and shown a bright light from inside...