Chapter Eighteen

A little time had passed, and it was as though Dean had predicted the future. For days, the group had been discussing what to do with Randall. They argued over stranding him somewhere, and simply killing him. They tried driving him out, but Shane and Rick fought and it just didn't work out.

     The night they were going to execute him, Carl showed up outside the barn, and it ruined another thing they tried with Randall. That night, Dale was torn apart by a walker, and Daryl shot him so he would no longer have to suffer. Carl was sure it was his fault, but it was truly his parents, because they couldn't keep an eye on their young child in a world that was dangerous.

     Anyhow, the group had decided again they'd try to drive Randall out, but this time it was going to be Rick and Daryl. It seemed more and more people were losing trust in Shane, except Andrea, but Baby and Dean knew that the lady was sleeping with Shane. It wasn't really a surprise, considering he couldn't sleep with Lori anymore.

     When T-Dog went to get Randall, he came back quickly saying that Randall was gone. As if he had planned it, Shane came out of the woods with a busted nose, claiming that Randall had jumped him and took his gun. Baby and Dean didn't believe a damn thing Shane said, and though it seemed Rick was questioning it, too, he still seemed to believe the man that he thought was his best friend.

      Rick, Shane, Glenn, and Daryl went out to look for Randall, as everyone else was told to stay in the house. Dean and Baby really didn't listen. Instead, they packed the rest of their things and stuff it into the car. Unbeknownst to Maggie, Baby had packed some of her things, as well as whatever Glenn had in the room, and packed it in their car as well. Daryl had told her not to, but she didn't want to leave her best friend without anything incase they had to leave.

      Daryl and Glenn were the first ones back, and they told the group that they had found Randall. He hadn't been bitten, his neck had been broken, and he had turned into a walker without a bite or scratch. It was sketchy, but there were a lot of unanswered questions. Lori complained about Rick and Shane still being out there, so Daryl offered to go out to find Rick.

       Daryl couldn't go out though, because when they looked out, there was a large group of walkers headed towards the farmhouse. Hershel told Patricia to get the lights, as people began to wonder if the house could handle the herd of walkers. Baby believed that if they stayed quiet and didn't make any noise, there would be a chance they'd survive, but Lori and Andrea never knew how to be quiet, and neither did Shane.

"We need to get the hell out of here." Dean told Baby, causing Baby to nod.

"We should tell--" She began, but he cut her off.

"No, we don't have time for that," He said,"We've got to go now, if we're going to survive. I don't care about anyone else. It's me and you, Baby, and you're the only one I care about. I gotta keep you safe. I gotta get you out of here."

"Fine," She sighed,"Just please let me tell Maggie."

"Thirty seconds, then we're gone." Dean stated, giving her a serious look that left her no room to argue.

       Baby quickly ran over to Maggie and grabbed her arms. The woman looked nervous and scared, but Baby knew she'd never leave her farm or family.

"Dean and I are leaving," Baby said,"Hopefully we'll meet up with you guys again, but Dean wants to get out of here."

"It's okay," Maggie smiled,"Keep yourself safe. I'll see you again."

         The two hugged for a second, before Baby ran to Dean. The two went out to their car, skipping past the group. They climbed into the car, as Lori cried about Carl not being in the house. Dean and Baby weren't staying behind to help them this time. They were getting the hell out of there to survive.

          Dean was not going to stay, when he needed to keep Baby safe. She was the only one he had in this world, and he couldn't lose her. Even if he didn't admit it to himself, or to Baby, he had feelings there, but they were hiding themselves from him. He wasn't used to feeling, so he didn't allow feelings to come up so fast. It was hard for the feelings to push to the surface, but eventually they would, and Dean would realize that she was more than just the only person that he had, she was the one he had feelings for.

"We should stay on the highway," Baby commented,"They'll probably have the same idea."

"Fine," Dean agreed, since he didn't see anymore walkers while he was driving,"but when I start seeing walkers on the highway, we're gone with or without them."

        Baby simply nodded, knowing there was no room to argue with Dean when there was a threat to their safety. They had to keep themselves safe, and Dean was not going to allow them to out themselves in danger for these people. Back in his own world, Dean had put himself in many dangerous situations to save people, but this was different. He had to stay alive, and he couldn't put himself or Baby in harm's way.

       He hoped that most of the group didn't die, but he had to think of himself and Baby. Baby was the most important person to him, and he'd never let her get hurt or die for someone else. Once he found his brother, the three would be away from all of them, but for Baby's benefit, they would stay with the group, at least until they found Sam, unless the group didn't make it off the farm...