Chapter Thirty Five

Dean gasped awake, and he looked around, only to realize he was in his world again. His eyes filled with tears, but he didn't let them fall. He couldn't, Baby wouldn't want him to cry, not after the crying he had done the moment she was taken out in front of him. He was surprised that he had woken up again though, since he had died once again. He had a feeling though that he was back in his own world, and though he should've been relieved, he really wasn't. He missed her more than anything.

"Dean?" He heard, and he instantly recognized his brother, except he looked older,"I'm heading out for food, you want your usual?"

"Yeah," Dean replied, his voice more gruff and deep than it use to be,"Don't forget the pie."

"I know," Sam answered,"Is uh, is something bothering you, Dean?" He asked, making Dean frown.

"No, why?" He retorted, not meaning to be rude, but that's how it came out.

"You just seem like something's bothering you, that's all," Sam replied,"You know what, you're right, I'm probably just imagining it. I'll be back in a few."

      Dean simply nodded, and Sam left moments after. As Dean laid back in his bed, he closed his eyes and began to think about Baby. She was his everything, his wife, and the only one he'd love. He wished that they could've been together forever, like they had planned, but it ended in her death. He could remember the moment it happened, but he could remember their happy moments, too.

*Memory*

      Baby and Dean laid next to each other in the grass in front of their house in Alexandria. Dean and Baby had their hands intertwined like some damn romance novel, but in that moment Dean didn't care. He liked the small, rare intimate moments the two were able to have when the world wasn't forcing their attention.

"I hope one day that the world calms down enough for us to live our happy ending." Baby commented, causing Dean to chuckle.

"You know how the world works, Baby," He replied,"but maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get somewhat of a happy ending."

"We'll have a nice house, our little Jack, and pie - lots and lots of pie." She said, making Dean laugh.

"I love you, Baby Winchester." He murmured, kissing her cheek.

"As I love you, Dean Winchester." She replied, making his heart skip a beat.

*End of Memory*

      They never got to have their happy ending. They never got to have their own home, with a baby named Jack, and all the pie in the world. Yes, the plans seemed rather impossible, but it was something they could dream about every night as they fell asleep in each other's arms.

"I love you, Baby." Dean whispered, as he placed his hand on his heart with a pained expression on his face.

"Dean!" Sam called,"I'm back!"

     Dean let out a sigh, as he got up from his bed and headed down to the main area of the bunker. As he left his room, his eyes caught sight of his reflection in the mirror. He had aged, not to mention they were in a place that he didn't recognize, but at the same time, his mind seemed to know exactly where he was going.

"Hey Dean, I didn't think you'd mind that Jack's here," Sam commented,"I mean, it seemed like you guys got along fine last time."

"Jack?" Dean questioned, tilting his head in a confused manor.

"Hey Dean," Another voice spoke,"I got pie." The boy said, with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, Jack," Sam nodded,"the Nephilim? Remember?"

"Right," Dean nodded, as though he remembered,"Jack."

"Cas thought he'd be safer here, and he wouldn't feel so alone," Sam said,"Besides, he loves the Impala, and he asked if you'd take him on a drive soon."

"Yeah," Dean cleared his throat,"after we eat?" He suggested, and Jack was quick to nod.

      Dean and Jack ate their food rather fast, and it didn't take long for them to go out to take a ride in Dean's Impala. Sam was a little surprised at how quick Dean was to agree to taking Jack on a drive, but he was happy they were getting along. He just hadn't expected for them to bond over something like a car.

"Can we listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd?" Jack asked, after looking through all the tapes Dean had,"I feel like I'd really like their music."

"Y-yeah," Dean answered, feeling a flurry of different emotions go through his body,"Baby loves them."

     Jack handed the tape to Dean, and he quickly started the music. The song Simple Man came on, and his heart clenched. He remembered singing it to Baby, and he couldn't stop the feeling of needing to sing it again to her, though she was gone, and all he had left of her was his car.

"I love this song." Jack said, a content and happy smile on his face.

      Dean watched as Jack laid his head back and closed his eyes with a happy look on his face as the song played. A smile appeared on Dean's face as well. Though he hadn't realized it before, he began to realize it now. Jack was his Jack, even if he wasn't technically Jack's dad, and Baby wasn't his mom. He was till Dean's Jack.

      Baby had sent Jack like she had promised she would if anything had ever happened to her. He didn't want to believe it. It sounded crazy, but now it really wasn't. He had Jack now, and he wasn't going to disappoint him. He was going to watch Jack grow into a person, and he was going to protect him from all the evil in the world. Jack was going to see the love of a parent, because Dean had promised Baby that he'd be the perfect father when they had children. Jack might not have been their blood, Baby might've been gone, and Dean might not have been in that world anymore, but he had made her a promise, and he didn't plan to break it.

"We did it, Baby," Dean whispered, as he rubbed the steering wheel gently,"We have our boy, and I promise I'll do right by him."

     She may have been gone, but he would always have his car, and he would always have Jack. He knew she would be proud of him, she would always love him, and that was all he needed to know that he would slowly get through the pain...

The
End