Part 6

Forty days have passed since Maya's father's death, yet it feels like yesterday. Maya has tried to adjust to life in the new house, but still, she feels like a guest. Although Phuppo and Ali Sb., have both been affectionate towards her, she feels that they cannot fill the void left by her parents' absence in her life.

She spoke to her brother Hassan after arriving in Islamabad, and both brother and sister cried a lot. Hassan thanked Phuppo for her support during those times. Afterward, he was posted to an area where communication was very difficult, so she was not able to talk to him often.

Hamza left for Karachi the very next day after their arrival in Islamabad. The next morning, when Phuppo came to call her for breakfast, Hamza was not there. She was told that he had to leave in an emergency for some work, but she knew that he didn't want to be around her.

Maya had accepted her fate; Hamza would never accept her, and she had nowhere else to go. So, she has to live here like unwanted furniture, kept and forgotten. In the past 40 days, Hamza did not contact her or message her even once. How can he, they don't even have each other's numbers. She doesn't blame him; she knows that she had been imposed on him and that she does not belong in his world.

----------
Karachi

Hamza returned to Karachi after his Mamu's death and his Nikkah to Maya. His mind was in a whirlpool, contemplating how to break the news to Ayesha, knowing she would not take it well. He didn't inform her about his return to Karachi for a few days, but he couldn't hide from her forever.

Sitting in his office, Hamza's mobile started buzzing. The screen showed 'Aish Calling'. He took a long breath and answered the call.

"Hey Babe," Hamza greeted her, trying to infuse some brightness into his tone.

"Don't 'hey babe' me. Where have you been?" Ayesha's response remained unaffected by his attempt at cheerfulness.

"It's a long story. Can we meet today?" Hamza suggested.

"Yeah sure, should we meet at Costa Coffee?" Her curiosity piqued at the mention of a long story, and she immediately wanted to meet and know.

"No, not now, can we meet at my house in the evening?"  he was thinking that meeting in a public place for such a news, not a great idea, knowing Aish, she will not take this news lightly and might create a scene.

"Hmmm okay, sure, I will come to your house." Her curiosity increased further, but she didn't argue or push him, just agreed to come.

"Great, see you then, I have to rush for a meeting now." Hamza wanted to cut the call; he didn't know how he would reply if she started insisting on knowing what it was right now.

Hamza ended the call and leaned back in his chair, feeling the weight of the impending conversation with Ayesha. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he also knew he couldn't keep her in the dark any longer. As he prepared for his meeting, his mind kept drifting to the difficult task ahead.

After returning from work, Hamza changed into his track pants and a causal T- Shirt and asked the housekeeper to prepare tea and snacks and open the drawing-room. 

The housekeeper "Ajmal Bhai" had been with Hamza since his childhood, he was sent to live with Hamza by his mother from Islamabad. Since Ajmal Bhai was sent by his mother, he knew that whatever happens in the house was reported by him to his mom. Thus, Hamza was always careful in calling Aish at home. They usually met at a restaurant or at their gym, and even if they met at his house, it used to be in decent hours and usually they would sit in the living room.

When Ayesha arrived at his house, Hamza was already in the garden, he saw the guard opening the door and Ayesha entered in black Prado driven by herself. He walked towards her and as soon as she got out of the car, she rushed towards him and hugged him.