Part 42

Hamza and Maya walked back to their room, the tranquillity of the beach still lingering around them like a comforting embrace. The gentle sound of the waves and the serene moonlit night had made their bond feel stronger than ever.

They entered their room, slipping off their shoes and settling into the comfortable space. Maya moved towards the balcony, gazing out at the moonlit ocean, her thoughts a mixture of comfort and longing. She wished she could freeze this moment in time, and hold onto the peace and connection she felt with Hamza tonight.

The complexities of their relationship often weighed heavily on her mind, especially the shadow of Ayesha.

Hamza, on the other hand, was watching Maya from across the room, his heart drenched in love for her. The evening had reaffirmed his decision to leave Ayesha and fully commit to his marriage. He wanted to tell Maya, to assure her that she was his future, but he hesitated, unsure of how she would take it, and how will she believe him, he wanted to give themselves time.

He knows she is kind, she's ready to spend her life without him in his name because her father bound them in this relationship.

But! He wants more from this relationship, he wants them to have Love as the basis of this.

Maya turned away from the balcony, her eyes meeting Hamza's. She could see the depth of his feelings in his gaze, and it made her heart ache with a mix of hope and uncertainty. She walked over to the bed, and sat down on the edge, her mind racing with thoughts she couldn't quite articulate.

Hamza joined her, sitting beside her and taking her hand in his. He could feel the tension in her grip, the unspoken worries that lay between them. He wanted to ease her mind, to tell her everything, but he knew it needed to be the right moment.

"Maya," he began softly, "I know things have been complicated between us. But tonight, I felt something I haven't felt in a long time."

Maya looked at him, her eyes searching his face for any sign of deception. "Kya mehsoos howa?"

"Sakoon!" He closed his eyes and smiled.

"Mujhe bhi," she also closed her eyes and smiled.

"Tum khush ho?" Hamza opened his eyes turned his face towards her and asked.

She opened her eyes turned her face to him and smiled, "Main theek hoon,"

"I want you to be happy," he continued.

"Main bhi aap ki zindagi main sirf khushiyan chahti hoon." She smiled and replied to him.

"Maya, tum Shadi se pehlay apni zindagi main Kya chahti thee?" He was in a different mood.

"Main Hamza, main Aik simple si life chahtee thee, education, honest love and above all respect." She was looking in the air and replying as if she was lost in her memories.

Hamza sighed, his heart heavy. " I promise you, nothing will happen that you don't want in your life, this time you will be allowed to choose your life for yourself,"

Maya's eyes widened in surprise. She didn't know what was Hamza saying.

"Yes," Hamza said firmly. "Maya, I want you to know that you can have anything and everything that you want from life,"

Tears welled up in Maya's eyes, a mix of relief and happiness washing over her. "Thank you." She whispered, her voice choked with emotion.

Hamza squeezed her hand and got up to change.

Maya kept looking behind him, wiped her eyes and smiled. "Main tum ko kaise bataon hamza ke tum meri khushi ho,"

As they settled into bed, Maya nestled on her pillow, feeling a sense of peace she hadn't felt in a long time. Hamza looked at her and turned to the other side, his heart full of love and determination.