Part 25

Hamza was about to leave for home when Ayesha walked into his office, dressed in blue jeans and a white T-shirt, her face was made up perfectly with makeup, a designer bag and designer shoes, she looked the glorious Ayesha that she always looked.

Hamza had not forgotten her misbehaviour in the last few days, and he was surprised to see her, "Hey, what a surprise, I was not expecting you, done with your exhibition?"

"Hello Hamza, yes exhibition is done," she took the couch to sit.

"How did it go?" Hamza also took the seat next to her.

"Oh, it went amazing, almost sold out, and so many orders." She was beaming, and behaving as if nothing happened, not even acknowledging her misbehaviour.

Hamza couldn't shake off the memory of Ayesha's recent behaviour, but he tried to maintain a polite demeanour. "That's great to hear, Congratulations on the success of your exhibition," he replied, forcing a smile.

Ayesha nodded, still glowing with satisfaction. "Thank you, Hamza. It was a lot of hard work, but it paid off in the end." She paused, studying his expression. "I hope baby you are not upset with my absence," still she thought it was just the absence.

Hamza hesitated, unsure how to respond. He couldn't ignore the hurt she had caused. " I think we need to address some things first. Your behaviour lately... it hasn't been easy for me to overlook."

Ayesha's smile faltered slightly, but she quickly regained her composure. "Hmmm, I'm sorry if I've upset you. I've been under a lot of stress lately, but aap bhi tau kafi mazay kar rahe thay?" She had a sarcastic look on her face.

"Matlab?" Hamza raised an eyebrow in inquiry, what was she implying?

"Matlab ye ke bara ghooma phira jaa raha tha begum ke saath, and you claim that you haven't given her the status of being the wife! Then what were you doing roaming around in the mall and dining at Aylanto?"

Hamza felt a mix of emotions as he looked into Ayesha's eyes. He cared about her, but he couldn't ignore the doubts and uncertainties that lingered in her tone.

"My Mom & Dad are stuck in Europe and will not be coming till the end of this month, she has nowhere to go so she's staying with me, my office team found out that she is here, and they invited us for official dinner, so I had to take her shopping for clothes." Hamza didn't like her way, but he felt the need to explain.

"Acha! Tau ab woh pura month yahan ho gee, and what about us?" She was still not ready to understand the situation.

"What about us? I have told her everything about us, she understood, and she is okay with it." While telling her, Hamza couldn't take out the admiration from his tone for Maya for being so mature.

"Acha really? Tau chalo phir." She picked up her bag and got up.

"Where?" Hamza looked surprised.

"To your house, main bhi tau daikhon tumhari Gaon ki Ganwaar ko." Ayesha was being very demeaning to Maya and Hamza was surprised that he didn't like it. He didn't like the way she called her Ganwar, although that's exactly what he used to call her himself.

He wanted to clarify, but he knew Ayesha, if he would clarify the misunderstanding, she would instigate some other nonsense about him, so he let it be.

"Chalo." He got carried away with the challenge Ayesha threw at him.

They both left the office in their cars to his house. All the way Hamza was now very confused, is this a good idea? How will Maya react? This is not good to her but now he has taken the bait that Ayesha threw at him, and he can't back off.