Part 46

Mature content warning

Together they made their way downstairs, where Hamza's parents were already seated at the breakfast table.

"Assalam u alikum," Hamza greeted them, pulling out a chair for Maya before sitting down himself, Durri observed this very closely and cheered up at just the thought of them being okay with each other.

"wailakum salam," his mother replied with a warm smile. "Thakan utar gayee tum do ki?"

"Bohat achay se," Hamza answered, to which Maya blushed crimson red, and Durri did not missed that either.

As they began to eat, Hamza cleared his throat, preparing to discuss their plans. "Baba, we need to leave for Karachi today in the evening."

His mother's smile faltered. "Abhi kion? I was hoping you both could stay for a few more days. Abhi mera dil nahi bhara."

"I know, Mom," Hamza said gently. "But I have a lot of work, I came straight here from China, and I can't put work off any longer."

His mother sighed, clearly disappointed. "Well, that's a shame. But I understand." She paused, a playful glint appearing in her eyes, she decided to play with her son who looked madly in love with his wife, "Bas tau phir aisa karo, tum chale jao, Maya can stay for a few more days. She can come back later."

Hamza's eyes widened slightly, a hint of panic flashing across his face. He looked at Maya, who was suppressing a smile.

"Mom," he began, trying to keep his tone light, "That's not a good idea. Maya tau mere saath hee jaye gee."

His mother chuckled, clearly enjoying his discomfort. "Oh, come on, Hamza, Pehlay bhi tau yahan hee rehtee thee, ab kya ho gaya?"

Ali sb. finally spoke up, laughing, "Kion tang kar rahee hain aap, theek hai beta tum dono Karachi chale jao, filhal I am also busy, then we will come to Karachi soon, to be with both of you."

Hamza shot a grateful look at his dad, and his mother sighed theatrically. "Alright, alright. I was just teasing. You both go together but promise me you'll come back for a longer visit soon."

"We will, Mom," Hamza assured her. "We definitely will."

They finished their breakfast, Maya turned to Phuppo, "Phuppo mujhe saman pack karna hai, I need suitcases."

"Tum room main jao, I am sending the bags with Asiya." Phuppo patted her hands.

"Mama, I am going to the office with Baba, will be back by 2:00," He informed his mother like usual, and then to everyone's surprise, he turned to Maya and said, "Tum saman pack kar lo and call me if you need anything."

Maya smiled at him and asked, "Aap ka samaan?"

"I will just take the bag that I brought from China," and then he winked at her while saying, "Aap apna samaan dhiyaan se rakh lain, bohat meherbani ho gee,"

Maya glared at him with anger, while Phuppo started to laugh, "Chalo Maya, I will help you pack."

-------------------------

She had travelled with Hamza before too, but travelling from Islamabad to Karachi was different. He met a few people at the airport, and everyone inquired about Maya, unlike old times, Hamza extended his arm around her shoulder, introducing her as 'His wife'.

The flight was very smooth, unlike Gawadar, and this time, Hamza was holding her hands for one reason or another, while talking, while resting, as if he couldn't get enough of her. For Maya this Hamza was very new, a very different side of this man, she had seen a workaholic Hamza, a friendly Hamza, a caring Hamza, but this Romantic Hamza was so endearing, that it almost brought tears to her eyes.