Part 14

4 months later

It had been four months since Hamza left, and in these months he did not come once to the house. Maya had given her bachelor's papers and now had busied herself with house chores.

Durri ensured that she involved her in her friend's circles and took her around. She made her take a grooming course from a very expensive and reputable salon. She got her hair cut in a style without compromising her length and also did a lot of shopping for Maya, all kinds of clothes formal, and informal, shoes, bags, make-up, mobile phone. Everything that Mrs Hamza Ali Khan should be.

Maya didn't want to do any of it, she knew "Dulhan woh hee jo piya man bhai", but she didn't want to upset Phuppo. Hence, she used to follow whatever she told her, and honestly, it helped her kill the time.

"Maya beta kuch din ke kapre aur Samaan rakh lo, tum kal Ali ke saath Karachi jaa rahee Ho." today at lunch Phuppo broke the news to her.

"Main phuppo?, Karachi? Kion? Main Wahan kion jaon gee?", Maya completely got bewildered by the news. The last thing she wanted was to live with Hamza at his house without Phuppo to survive.

"Kya Matlab hai? Apne shohar ke ghar koi kion rehta hai?" She scolded her.

"Mera Matlab hai main aap ke baghair udaas ho jaon gee," she tried to use another way.

"'Main bhi tumhare bagher udaas ho jaon gee, magar main aur tumhare uncle London ja rahe Hain, Ali ke bhai ke ghar, Un ke betay ki Shadi hai, bas aik hafte main ajaon gee, phir tum ko wapis bula loon gee." She explained to her.

"Tau main yahan hee reh loon gee, Asiya tau ho gee na," she tried to convince her again.

"Pagal ho akeli larki ko ghar main chor doon," she gave a warning look.

Maya took the defeat and got up to go to her room. Phuppo has made a separate big closet section for her things. It was something that Maya never dreamed of, but did not enjoy much too. She had never been impressed by money and things. She believed in character and attitude.

She kept worrying about the news that Phuppo had just broken on her and now she had to prepare herself mentally to face him again.

The door knocked and a maid entered with a suitcase. "Bhabhi aap ki packing karni hai, aap apna saman De dain,"

Maya had no idea what to do or how to respond. She just got up and went into the closet grabbed the clothes that came in her hands and handed her.

"Aur bhabhi bags aur jotay?" the maid asked with excitement.

"Us ki kya zaroorat hai? Aik bag le ke jaon Ge, aur jotay bhai pehan ke Jaon ge, bas ghar main pehen ne ke chapal rakh do,". Maya thought about how many clothes or things would be needed for a week.

Phuppo will come in a week and she will be back to Islamabad.

"Bhabhi ye aap ka makeup aur brush bhi rakh doon," the maid must be trained to pack for Durri, who always travelled in style, Maya without thinking grabbed the makeup bag and handed it to the maid.

After giving everything to the maid, she moved to the bookshelf to pick up the books that she thought she would need the most to kill the time.
She recently bought the new collection of Judith Mc Naught so she picked all five books and handed them to Asiya to pack them too.

Asiya neatly packed the suitcase, placed it in the corner and left the room.

Maya couldn't sleep that night because of anxiety, what was going to happen?

The next day their flight was around noon so they left for the airport at 10:00 am. Durri hugged her, gave her a tight squeeze and said,

"Apna maqaam aur martaba pehchano, baghair lare harna buzdil logon ka kaam hota hai, aur tum mera khoon Ho."