Part 11

Maya had been up for a while and was sitting on the corner sofa, wondering what to do. Hamza woke up too and went towards the washroom without a glance towards her. She was feeling much calmer than last night. She had accepted her fate and left her maamla on Allah.

She heard the knock and went to open the door, phuppo was standing there. As she stepped inside their room, Durri focused on her face, it was a telltale of last night, eyes swollen, pale face, no smile no excitement, at that very moment the washroom door opened and Hamza stepped out, looked tired, bezaaar, udaaas, she looked around and saw the flowers scattered on the floor and the box of bangles she gave Hamza to give his wife was also lying on the floor too. Sadness clutched her heart, "What has she done to her children".

But then she thought "Mian Biwi ka rishta Aisa hota hai, kitne din door rahain ge?"

She changed her expression to that of determination and hugged Maya. Kissed her forehead and said, "Ye Kya huliya hai, nayee dulhan kya aisee dikhtee hai?"

Maya just tried a fake smile and said, "Bas abhi Tayyar hotee hoon phuppo,"

"Haan shabaash asiya ne Jo suit closet main hang Kya hai woh pehan ke tayyar ho jao, main Abhi aatee hoon.

Then she turned to Hamza, "Tum bhi Tayyar ho jao, Sara Khandaan is here for breakfast." Saying this she picked up the flowers and placed them on the table, and then bent to pick up the bangles that were also lying on the floor, and looked at Hamza, he looked away.

She placed the box on the dressing table and left. Maya closed the door and turned to go to the closet to get ready when she heard him saying,

"Aisa huliya bana ke sareee duniya ko bata do ke tum pe kya qayamat guzri hai, aur hamdardiya samait lo."

Maya had taken enough insults since yesterday, she was equally in this situation with him, she also replied " Huliye ka Kya hai abhi theek ho jaye ga, Aur koi aisa Haseen waqiya bhi nahi howa jo main sareee duniya ko bataon,"

Saying this, she did not stop and entered the closet to change.

He was amazed at her answer this was the first time he heard her talk. He dismissed her and picked up his phone to check his messages. There were 10 messages from Ayesha with the declaration of love and how much he had hurt her.

Maya came out of the closet and stood in front of the mirror to do her makeup. Her hair was tied in a braid, It was a very long braid, black and shiny. He just looked away and started walking towards the closet with a lost mind when he collided with the shoes that Maya must have forgotten to put aside last night.

With sheer annoyance he said, "Kya mushikil hai, ab is Azaab ko har waqt bardasht karna pare ga"

Maya was not deaf, she heard it and was very hurt and felt insulted, but stayed quiet, slowly turned and walked toward him to pick up the shoes and kept them aside. He saw her eyes pooling with tears, which she was controlling, but he just ignored her and stepped into the closet and closed the door with a bang.

She heard the door knock and opened it to see Phuppo standing there. She came inside, "Tum Tayyar nahi hoyee?" Phuppo looked at her simple plain face with just lipstick and Kajal, hair tied in a braid and no jewellery.

"Tayyar tau hoon," she said.

Durri realised she didn't know how to wear make-up. So she made her sit on the dressing stool and started to do her makeup with expertise. Then she opened her dressing drawer took out a beautiful diamond set and made her wear it. She let the hair be braided, in any case, Maya had to take the dupatta on the head.

When Hamza came out, dressed in a white kurta shalwar, his mom was giving the last touches to Maya's attire. He looked at her, dressed in a light blue kamdani long peshwas ( long flared dress) with diamond glittering in her ears and around her neck, she looked beautiful and different from how she looked a little while ago.