Part 35

"Mom, Dad you are back?"

Hamza saw his parents entering the room and he got so excited, he got up from his place and rushed to hug his mom. Phuppo was crying profusely, kissing him and hugging him, "hamza meray betay, tum theek ho? Tum theek ho?"

"Mom main theek hoon, daikhain, ab tau Mera haath bhi theek hai, aap Rona tau band karain." Hamza kissed her forehead and calmed her.

Maya was standing in her place, looking at the union of mother and son and her own eyes misty with the emotional scene.

Hamza moved to Baba, "Baba" and hugged him while Phuppo hugged Maya and they both started to cry again.

"Aray ladies, Kya ho gaya? Main yahan theek hoon," Hamza tried to make it like a joke, he was surprised to see Maya crying, in past weeks she had been worried yes but not once had he seen her lose it.

But maybe seeing Phuppo gave her a sense of relive and she couldn't control the turmoil that she went through his sickness, seeing him in pain, seeing him struggle.

"Aap ne bataya hee nahi that you are coming, what a lovely surprise." As they all settled around the table, Hamza asked his dad.

"Bas beta your mom was going crazy every day, she couldn't stop crying with worry so as soon as we got the passports we flew back." Ali Sb explained.

"Main aap logon ke liye khana lagwatee hoon," Maya got up from her seat and moved to the kitchen to get the dishes refilled and get clean plates for them.

"Beta ab tum kaise ho?" Mom asked him again.

"Mama I am completely fine, the cast is removed today, and there is a little discomfort to moving the arm, but the physiotherapy will start tomorrow and I should be okay in a few days." He again tried to console his mom.

Maya returned after a while with the food and sat with them. They all started to chit-chat chat, about how the accident happened, what happened afterwards, how he coped up at home, minus the intimate moments of Hamza and Maya.

They moved to the living room and out of habit now,  Maya stayed closer to Hamza, ready to help, in fact once to twice Durri noticed that Maya reached for him immediately if he winced with pain with the movement of his arm.

She was happy to see them, she was happy to make the right decision for them.

They stayed in the living room for a longer time, Hamza and Phuppo were sitting together, seemed like she was not ready to leave him for even a moment, while Uncle and Maya sat on the other sofa opposite them.

The family was basked in conversation about both Europe and the wedding and Hamza and everything under the sun.

When Uncle started to Yawn, they all decided to call it night. After saying goodnight to both Mama and Baba, they both climb up to their room. Hamza did not like the fact that Maya had moved to her room, and he felt ajeeb when he entered the room alone.

Maya was feeling the same, in fact, more, her heart was with him, she kept tossing and turning at night, she wanted to run and check on him, see him sleeping in his usual way.

Hamza was thinking lying alone on his bed, "I have to sort this out, she loves me, I have seen it, how can she not love me, otherwise why would  she have taken care of me the way she did?" 

"I will have to tell her," thinking about all Hamza drifted to sleep.

———————————————