Part 26

Maya was busy cooking in the kitchen, she didn't cook during the day as she knew that Hamza would come late, so there was no hurry.

She had requested the maid to stay the night today so that she wouldn't be alone. She planned to make a chicken roast for dinner, she had already marinated it, she thought she would ask Hamza his time of arrival and then put it in the oven to bake.

She was very excited today, she had completed her article and now wanted to make Hamza to read it and give an honest opinion.

It was around 7:30 and there was no reply from Hamza, she texted him around 6:30 and usually, it never happens that he doesn't reply.

As time ticked, her anxiety increased, she became restless. She came down and kept the phone in her hand. She had a very weird kind of uneasy feeling as if something bad was to happen.

The maid was in the kitchen talking to god knows who on the phone, but at least she was not alone.

Her phone rang, and she saw it was Amna, Hamza's assistant, 'why was she calling, Hamza must have given her some message for her,' with a thumping heart she picked up the phone.

"Hello," She was scared God knows why.

"Hello, Jee Ma'am? Maya Ma'am?" Amna sounded more nervous.

"Jee, main bol rahee hoon," she replied with her heart sinking every moment.

"Woh Ma'am, Boss ka accident Ho Gaya hai, he's in
Agha Khan Hospital," There it goes, she knew something bad was about to happen.

"Woh theek hain?" she asked, afraid of the answer

"Kuch nahi pata, I got the news so I thought I should let you know," she explained.

"Theek hai." she didn't know what to do, or how to reach him.

She cut the call and breathed in, breath out for a moment, she was so shocked that even tears wouldn't come from her eyes.

She thought for a while, then went up to her room picked her purse, not bothering for what she was wearing, and came down.

She was dashing out of the house when she heard the maid from behind, " Baji kya howa? Kahan jaa rahee hain?"

"Woh Hamza! Mujhe us ke pass jana hai." she started crying. Then wiped her face and went out of the house, the maid ran after her.

"Driver, Driver, .. Kulsom jao driver ko bulao." she sounded panicked and was crying too, kulsoom ran to the guard room to call the driver, and he came rushing to the car, Maya was already standing beside the car.

He opened the back door for her and got on the driving seat himself, "Baji kahan jana hai?", he was also worried looking at her miserable state.

"Hospital woh Amna ne kaha Hamza ka accident Ho Gaya hai, us ne mujhe bataya tha naam, main bhool gayee." she was babbling.

"Baji aap araam se yaad karain, yahan ka bara hospital Agha Khan Hospital hai." the driver shared his wisdom.

"Yes, yes, wohi hospital, Agha Khan Chalo," Maya recalled the name.

On the way to the hospital Maya kept reciting Dua's, she didn't know anything about what happened, or how's he, and she just wanted to see him. With her mother's death in an accident and the recent death of her baba, she did not want to think about anything happening to Hamza.

It took them 40 minutes to reach, and once there she didn't know where to go. It was a big hospital with so many buildings, and so many departments, where could he be? Who should she ask?