Part 28

The hospital room was quiet, with soft beeping sounds from the machines monitoring Hamza's condition.

Hamza had been sleeping since they moved into the private room, and Maya had been sitting on a chair, observing him.

Her mobile buzzed and she walked out of the room to talk.

"Haan agaye Ho?" She picked up the call and asked the driver.

"Jee Bibi Jee, main agaya Hoon," the driver replied.
"2nd-floor pe room number 2001 main ajao." After instructing him, she came back inside to find Hamza awake.

She came near his bed, "Kuch chahiye?" She smiled at him with a worried look.

"Nahi, tum yahin Ho? Ghar nahi gayee?" He saw her in dishevelled clothes, clearly showing that she had been restless since yesterday.

"Main ghar kion jaon gee?" She entered some surprise in her tone.

"Maya!" He tried to make her understand.

At that time someone knocked at the door and Maya moved to open the door. Their driver was there with bags in his hands.

"Ajao," she called him inside. He was carrying a trolley bag and two paper bags.

Maya made him keep all the things on the sofa in the corner, which was big enough for sleeping.

She took the paper bag from him and placed it on the counter. The driver after keeping the things looked at Hamza and with real affection asked him,

"Sahab aap kaise Ho?"

"Main theek hoon Rahim," Hamza smiled for him.

"Bibi jee ki itnee buri halat thee, ro rahee thee, main tau bohat dar gaya, Allah aap ko sehat de." He was trying to be very nice and explain his love for him, but Maya was getting embarrassed by the mention of her vulnerability.

"Acha Rahim, ab tum jao," Maya interjected and asked him to leave, she didn't want him to babble more about her condition.

"Jee Bibi, main neechay rukoon ya jaon?" He asked Maya. Before she could reply, Hamza took the matter in his hand, "Neechay baitho." He said in an authoritative tone.

He nodded and left the room. Maya closed the door and started to take things out of the bags.

She took out apples and oranges from the bag and placed them in a bowl. Then took out the chargers from the other bag and came near Hamza, he was observing her, but was saying nothing.

She plugged in the charger and put her phone on charge, and then in another switch plugged his phone charger and put his phone on charge too.
Then she opened the bag, her back was towards him.

"What are you doing?" He wanted to know what exactly was happening.

"Woh main ne Kulsom ko keh kar apni cheezain pack kar wa lee thee, driver le aya" she smiled explaining to him, "Oh and this fruit is for you, I asked him to get on the way."

"I have put your phone on charge, it was dead by now." Pointing towards his phone she informed.
She looked totally in control; it was very surprising for him to see her this way.

"Neechay driver hai, tum ghar chali jao aur rest karo." He tried to convince her again and just then he moved and winced in pain.

She left everything and came running to him, ignoring what he was saying, she looked at him, "Nurse ko bulaon? Are you okay?" She looked so damn concerned, Hamza just went quiet and closed his eyes, shaking his head in a No.

A little while later, he slipped into sleep again. Maya took her clothes and went into the washroom. They were in the VVIP room, and the ensuite washroom had a proper shower cubicle. Maya showered and changed into fresh clothes, she started to feel fresh with the change.