Part 33

Maya and Hamza have been waiting for their turn outside the doctor's room. It was Hamza's follow-up appointment, today the doctor would remove the extra bandages.

Hamza looked agitated, although Maya was sitting comfortably.

"Kya bother kar raha hai Hamza?" Maya smiled and politely asked him.

"Matlab? Tum ko nahi pata? Look at this (he pointed at his cast) and can u imagine it's been 6 days and I have not washed my hair or taken a proper shower? I am feeling dirty and so helpless." He just exploded.

It had been bothering him that he couldn't change his shirt, he had to depend on Maya.

Although she had been helpful, sweet and compassionate. Not once did he feel her reluctance to do anything. From feeding him to helping him change to sitting here patiently waiting for his turn.

"Aap ko pata hai Hamza, us raat jab aap operation theatre main thay na and I was sitting outside waiting, the only news I wanted to hear was that you are alive, that you will be fine, that you will live." she was not looking at him, she was looking straight but was talking to him.

"Us raat ke baad se main ne sirf ye jana ke sab se important zindagi hai, jab zinda hain tau ye pareshaniyan tau temporary hain," She continued.

She turned and looked at him smiling, "Kya ye kafi nahi hai ke kuch din ki pareshani ke baad you will get your life back, there is no permanent damage, there is no fatal illness."

Hamza looked at her, their eyes locked with each other. He couldn't believe the kind of peace settled in his heart with her words. It was like her words were working like rain on his burning emotions. Everything became so calm and peaceful inside.

Instinctively he raised his hand and cupped her face, smiling in her eyes all he could manage was, "Thank you", she smiled back and leaned her face in his palm.

A very brief emotional moment but filled their hearts with so much respect and affection for each other. They went through the appointment; the doctor gave him a clean chit to take a bath with help making sure that the cast did not get wet. He suggested that he could walk around without putting pressure on his ribs, but the cast stayed for one more week.

They left the doctor content and relaxed since the progress was good and nothing was there to worry about, except for being patient during the recovery.

As they settled in the car, both sitting in the back seat while the driver took the driving seat, Hamza settled and then told the driver in an authoritative tone, "Rahim gari Sialkot Falooda ki taraf le lo."

"Hamza?" Maya looked at this foody man, "You are tired, we should go home,"

"No, I am not tired, and I want to enjoy while I am out." He was talking like he would not listen.

"Magar..." she tried to protest, but he cut her, "Koi agar magar Nahai,"

"Rahim Chalo," he instructed the driver who was trying to hide his smile.

All the servants of the house had seen their relationship building up, and all of them were in love with their new baji who seemed to be crazy for their boss.

As Rahim parked the car outside the shop, he left the car start but got out from it. A waiter approached from Hamza's side and tried to give the Menu. But Hamza knew what he wanted.

"Main tau special falooda leta hoon, what will you take?" He thought that Maya would also go with what Hamza was taking but Maya tau Maya hai, she asked the waiter to come to her window.

As the waiter came to her window she started questioning him, "Plain main Kya hai? Special main Kya hai? Cocktail main Kya hai?"

And when she was satisfied with what she wanted then only she ordered for herself, and then to Hamza's amazement she told the waiter,
"Wahan humara driver hai Rahim, us ka bhi order le lain."