Part 37

"Maya, pack up your bag for 3 days, we are going to Gawadar," Hamza just came back from the office, and Maya was sitting in the living room with Phuppo. Hamza was typing something on the phone and was telling Maya so casually as if they had been going on vacations together forever.

"Jee? Main?" Maya looked at him then at Phuppo and then back at him. Phuppo did not show any reaction, instead started looking at her phone as if she had a very important task to attempt.

"Aap ka naam hi Maya hai? Hai na?" Hamza was in a chirpy mood.

Phuppo got up from her seat and said, "Main zara Ali ko daikh loon," saying this she left the room.

Hamza came and sat next to Maya, a little too close than needed, and very casually while looking into his mobile continued.

"Asad ne new resort banaya hai near Gawadar, he has invited us there, you know how he is, he insists that we both come for the inauguration," he was being so casual, it was surprising Maya.

"Magar Hamza main kaise.... ?" She wanted to say something, hamza put the phone aside and finally looked at her, " Magar kya Maya?"

"Hamza, main kaise jaon ge aap ke saath?" Here she finally said it.

"Kion? Hamza looked into her eyes, "mere saath kion nahi ja sakti?" He did not look away, but Maya looked at her hands, looking for words.

"Maya, hum cousins bhi Hain na? Aur don't you think we have become friends too? Tau kya problem hai?" Hamza politely tried to coax her into agreeing.

"And I think you deserve a break and a vacation after how you took care of me," He tried again.

Maya felt a mix of emotions swirling within her. She appreciated Hamza's consideration but couldn't shake off the unease of the situation.

"Honestly, Hamza, it's not about our relationship. It's just... I wasn't prepared for this," Maya confessed, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Hamza nodded understandingly. "I get it, Maya. But trust me, it'll be fun. Plus, it's just three days. Think of it as a spontaneous adventure."

Maya sighed, contemplating the offer. She knew it was no big deal, but alone with Hamza, how would she manage, the thought of it, it all was overwhelming. Yet, there was a part of her that longed for a break from the anxiety and sadness that had surrounded her heart after knowing Hamza's decision.

But she knew that if Hamza decided he would not let her off, and this would all be her last chance of being with him,

"Okay," she finally relented, offering a tentative smile. "I'll go."

Hamza's face lit up with excitement. "Great! You won't regret it, I promise," he said, giving her a reassuring pat on her hands and getting up to go to his room.

————————————-

At the dinner table, Hamza broke the news to his parents, "Mama Baba, me and Maya are going to Gawadar for 3 days,"

Ali sb who knew nothing about Hamza's plan of teasing Maya or the fact that these two have a difficult marriage, got excited, "Aray wah, what a lovely news, but why Gawadar?"

"Baba you know my friend Asad, he is opening a new resort near Gawadar, he has invited us there along with a few other couples," he explained.