Part 10

The next two days Hamza and Maya did not cross each other's path, Hamza stayed at work till evening, and after he reached home she was not there at the dinner table or anywhere in the house.

This was good because though Hamza agreed to continue with the circus (his wedding reception), in his heart, his hatred for Maya increased. He loved his parents too much, so blaming them was something he was not able to do but blaming her was easy. He had no affection towards her, for him, she was a forced 'gale main para dhol', jise usne saari zindagi bajana tha.'

His biggest tension was, 'How will he tell Ayesha', 'How will he handle her'. Thinking about her was making him more and more stressed with every passing hour. He thought that maybe he could just hide this from her, after all, they were in Islamabad and she was in Karachi, but then he knew their circles crossed, and his reception would not be a quiet affair, Half the town was invited, after all its "Hamza Ali Khan's wedding, the only son and heir to Abbas Group of Industries".

Thinking about it just increased his stress every moment, and finally, the day of the reception arrived. His mother asked him to leave his room that day because it needed to be decorated and Maya's things were to be shifted.

His clothes were placed in the guest room, and he had to get ready and go to the event with Maya. "Maya!
Why did she have to come into his life to turn it upside down!". Every passing minute was making him feel more and more hatred towards her. And the last nail in the coffin was the call from Ayesha.

Last night she called, and he had no option but to take the call, "Hello," he picked up the call in a low voice.
From the other side of the phone, all he could hear were sobs, she was crying, meaning she knew. She didn't say a word, but she just kept crying, her sobs were making him cringe inside,

"Baby, please listen to me, nothing will change, we will marry! This is just for my mother, I will not give her any right to myself, my soul and my love will always be for you, please trust me." He kept assuring her, trying all kinds of words that could calm her.

But all she said was, "Leave her and come back to me." And that stuck in his head.

He got ready for the function and changed into the black sherwani that was placed for him to get dressed. No matter how much he hated Maya or hated this occasion, he had to pretend to be a happy groom, for the face-keeping. He was the Son of Ali Abbas Khan and their friends, colleagues, business partners, and family, do not need to know the Toofan behind the very smooth situation,

"Hamza is being married to Durri's niece"

No family background is needed, no connection is needed, who's going to question Mrs Durriya Abbas Khan.

He walked towards the drawing room, where the family was gathered to leave for the function, his mother greeted him with tears in her eyes and a smile on her lips. She looked like the happiest groom's mother, she kissed his forehead and said,

"Mujhe maaf kar dena, main nahi chahti thee ke main apne bete ke saath aisa karon, magar main majboor thee .."

Hamza felt her, hugged her and kissed her hands,
"I love you mom".

Ali Sb also came to him and hugged him, patted his shoulder, and said " I am proud of you". He smiled back at his dad,

Just then, there was a commotion at the door, and Maya entered with his few cousins. They all turned together to see, and Hamza's eyes again got stuck on her.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as Hamza gazed upon Maya, his breath catching in his throat at the ethereal vision before him. She looked like an angel descended from the heavens, her eyes shimmering with a hint of nervousness yet radiating an unparalleled sadness.