Part 12

The next morning, when Hamza woke up, she was already gone. He took a sigh of relief and started getting ready. Today he had planned to tell his parents about leaving for Karachi.

He came to the dining room for breakfast, his parents and her were already seated around the table.

"Aslam u Alaikum," he said cheerfully. With the decision made in his head about leaving for Karachi, he felt lighter and chirpy.

"Wailaikum Salam" her both parents said equally cheerfully to him. However, Maya stayed quiet and focused on her food.

Ali Sb & Hamza got engrossed in their business conversation, and they finished their breakfast. When they were about to leave the table, Durri looked at Hamza and said,

"Maya ko apne ghar Jana hai, Kuch samaan lene, tum us ko aaj Wahan le Jana," Durri said in her usual authoritative tone.

Hamza instantly replied, "Us ghar main Kya rakha hai lene ka"

It was a very rude comment and Durri gave him a very disappointed look, he also realised his mistake immediately after saying so. Maya felt insulted and demeaned once again, and her facial expressions changed. She didn't look up but stayed quiet.

"Us ki kuch documents hain, aur Kuch bills hain jo collect karne hain" Durri tried to dilute the effect of Hamza's nonsense.

"Haan tau aap is ko Aslam ke saath bhej dain" he suggested without a thought of what he was saying.

"Kya Pagal ho gaye ho? Main is ko akele Aslam ke saath bhejon gee?" Durri gave a super warning look to Hamza and he got the hint that he had now crossed the threshold of his mother's patience.

Right at that moment Maya stood up, "Rehnay dain phuppo mujhe nahi Jana." She said that and left the drawing room. She had taken enough insults from this man, she was not ready to take anymore.

"Kitne buri baat hai Hamza, kisi ka ghar bara ho ya chota Woh us ka ghar hota hai, main ne aisee tarbiyat tau nahi ki tumhari." Durri gave him a piece of her mind.

He was feeling bad, he didn't intend to say such a thing, it's just looking at her made him crazy.

"I am sorry Mom, I didn't mean to say such a thing, I will take her." Saying this he got up from the table and walked toward his room to find her.

Maya was sitting on the corner sofa next to the window, looking gloomy and dejected, Hamza opened the door and entered the room. Without a glance towards her, he said in the air,

"Adhe ghante main tayyar ho jao, humain nikalna hai,"

"Mujhe nahi Jana," Maya said and got up from the sofa to leave the room. Hamza swiftly moved and came in between blocking her way casually as if he was just walking by and said,

"Adha ghanta,! Main neechay intezaar kar raha hoon." Saying this he did not stop and left the room.

Maya knew that if she did not go, Phuppo would keep pushing her and would be angry at him, so reluctantly she started getting ready.

———————————

Half an hour later, she was standing in the garage next to the Range Rover that was being prepared to take them.

A snack basket was kept in the trunk, along with an ice cooler for water and beverages.

Aslam took the driving seat while Hamza sat in the front seat with him. Phuppo was there to see them off, she hugged Maya and bid them farewell.
Maya sat right behind Hamza in the back seat and they started the journey.