Part 18

She was there at the dining table when he came for breakfast dressed for office. She looked at him and greeted him softly,

"Assalam Alaikum"

He smiled while taking his chair, and replied with "Wa Alaikum Assalam"

She was not eating a paratha today, instead, she was spreading butter on her toast. Her steaming cup of tea was there, and she was engrossed in preparing her toast for eating.

His breakfast was laid as well and he started eating, he couldn't help but notice how interestingly she enjoyed her food.

They were eating in silence when his mom FaceTimed. He picked up the call and after salam dua and haal chaal, she asked about Maya, he turned the phone towards her, she took the phone, and smiled while talking to them.

She was talking pretty cheerfully, he hadn't seen her talking like that, she usually talked straight, hardly with any emotions.

"Jee Phuppo main theek hoon, aap kab wapis aain gee?" she asked her desperately.

"Beta ye hee batana tha, hum one-month ke liye Europe trip pe ja rahe hain," Phuppo told her hesitantly.

"Jee? Tau ab main kya karon gee?" She looked so
bewildered at this news, Hamza was listening to the conversation and asked her for the phone.

"Mama?" He just said that.

"Beta we met Ali's old friends from the UK and they all made the plan for a Europe trip. We will leave next week after the wedding." She explained why their sudden plan was made.

But Hamza knew this was his parent's trick to leave her with him. He didn't say anything but he knew. After disconnecting the call he looked at her who
looked like someone had died. He felt a little offended by her reaction, but then after what happened last night, he was sure that she must be counting the days to go back.

He didn't know what to say or do to console her, he was annoyed by his parents' tactics himself. He finished his breakfast, picked up his phone to leave, then he remembered something and he turned towards her and said,

"Agar kuch ho tau Mujhe call kar lena, or text me." She just nodded and he left.

Yet another day and many more to come, what will she do? How will she spend these days and nights? He comes home late daily, Ab kya ho ga?

There were too many questions, but no answers.

————————————

Since last night he did not call or message Ayesha and neither did she. For him, the events turned out to be such that he didn't get a chance to, but she continued to be upset.

So he called her as soon as he sat in the car, the phone rang a couple of bells and then she picked up, "Haan bolo?" she said rudely.

"Hi!" he tried to ignore her rudeness.

"Jaldee Bolo I am busy, my exhibition is in 2 days, I don't have time." she was talking so rudely.

He also was not in the mood to carry on, "Nothing, good luck, I will be busy again today so might not be able to take calls."

"Okay," she said and cut the Call.

Hamza was so angry at her behaviour, but then she was always like that.

His Chinese consultants were in Pakistan for a few days and he had to be with them. As soon as he reached the office, he got so busy that he forgot about Ayesha and her behaviour.

It was around 4:00 pm when his secretary asked him, "Sir, where should I get the reservation done for dinner?"

That's when he remembered last night's event. He can't leave her at home alone, and he can't leave the Chinese too, 'Ajeeb mushkil hai'