Part 17

The weather was changing today, it was windy and cloudy. Maya was scared more than usual, the windows were rattling with the wind making her more scared.

Hamza's text came saying he would be late, again! She started pacing the room, She had locked herself since evening, she was hungry but scared. It was making her more vulnerable.

The last nail in the coffin was the big thunder strike, she jumped off the chair sat on the floor and started to cry. She had been waiting for Hamza, she just wanted him to be home so that she was not alone.

She didn't hear the car coming, she checked his car in the garage several times, she didn't hear him coming home like every day. She was sitting on the floor crying when she heard the knock.

'No she won't open the door, she is alone at home.' may be a servant, but why is anyone knocking at the door?

She heard a louder knock, more scared now,

"Kon hai?"

"Hamza! Darwaza kholo!" She heard him, he was there, thank God he was there. She got up from the floor and ran to the door and opened it in an instant.

As she opened her door, he was standing there drenched in rain, hair wet, and anger on his face.

But she didn't see the anger or anything, she just saw him, standing there and she lost it while holding the doorpost and continued crying profusely. Her cheeks were wet with tears, her nose red, eyes big with fear, Hamza saw her and forgot about his anger and worry took over.

"Hamza!" She just whispered and kept crying.

"Maya? Kya howa? Kion rou rahee ho?" he forgot everything and just moved forward and grabbed her by the shoulder.

"Batao kya howa?" He encircled his arm around her shoulder subconsciously to comfort her, and she hid her face in his chest crying.

He was now very worried, god forbid what happened, why was she behaving like this?

She realised she was in his arms, she moved out and looked at him with hurt and anger mixed.

"Kahan thay app!? " she pushed at his chest.

"Mujhe raat se dar lagta hai,
akele ghar se dar lagta hai,"
she wiped her nose and more tears came out of her eyes.

She didn't stop there, but pushed his chest again;

"'Main khud yahan nahi aye!
Main khud aap ki zindagi main bhi nahi aayee,
Mera kya kasoor hai?
Main kahan jaon?"

Seemed like her tolerance and patience were done now.

"Main kahan jaon?" Now it looked like she was talking to herself.

Hamza was shocked at her condition, he grabbed her by the shoulders and tried to shake her out of her trance. But she was crying so hard with hiccups, her whole body was shaking with crying and then suddenly she fainted in his arms.

"Maya? Maya?" He tried to wake her, but she was lifeless. He picked her up in his arms and placed her carefully on the bed.

He fixed her arms and feet and started patting her face calling her name. He kept rubbing her palms and soles, and just when he was about to call the doctor, she opened her eyes slightly and hummed

"Mmmmm" she was not able to keep her eyes open but she was out of lethargy. She closed her eyes again, but tears were still coming out from the corner of her eyes.

Hamza was in a state of shock, he, not in his wildest of dreams, thought that she locked herself up in the room because she was scared. He thought she needed her privacy, he was guilty himself so he thought that she was also keeping her distance from him as he does.