Part 19

It was yet another busy day for Hamza, the training was taking place today and he were occupied since morning. The plant operators' training commenced in the morning at the factory, however, the manager's training was happening in the office. Hamza had no contact with Ayesha, as she was busy and he was busy as well.

As the day passed, and evening approached, Hamza realised that he won't be able to leave the office until late, maybe by 10 or 11 at night. His mind went to Maya, she would get scared alone at home.
'Kya Karon yaar, kis mushkil main phans Gaya'. He thought to himself and then an idea clicked.

He picked up the cell phone and dialled her number, the phone kept ringing but she didn't pick up. He got worried and annoyed at the same time. He was about to call again when her name appeared on the phone 'Maya calling'.

"Hello!" he picked up the call.

"Hello, aslam u Alaikum, sorry aap call kar rahe thay, main namaz path rahee thee," she explained in a simple tone.

"Haan Woh driver ko bolo tum ko le kar yahan office ajaye," he said in a very urgent and practical tone.

"Main? Office? Kion?" she was surprised, confused and perplexed.

"Haan tum, Mujhe office main bohat kaam hai, aur main late ho jaon ga, tau Main ne socha tum bhi office hee ajao." he was being very practical.

Maya thought for a while and weighed her being alone at home and being in his office, and she gave in to her fear and softly said.

"Theek hai." and disconnected the call.

Hamza was relaxed by his decision, "Good Hamza you are smart." His intentions were clear, Maya was not just his unwanted wife, she was also his cousin who was living in his house. She was his responsibility, while his parents were gone.

————————————-

Maya reluctantly agreed to go to the office, but now she felt anxious. She realized she hadn't packed any formal attire, worrying about how she would be perceived in Hamza's office.

However, she had no choice but to go; she couldn't stay alone at home. Scanning her wardrobe, she found a plain beige linen suit, which was a better option compared to her other clothes, simple yet modern and elegant.

After changing into the suit, she tied her hair back into a simple bun. The only purse she had brought from Islamabad was a luxurious LV bag gifted by her Phuppo. Her shoes were also Gucci, another gift from Phuppo. These items, along with many others, were brought by Ali Uncle when he went to Singapore last month.

She didn't believe in such extravagant expenses or spending, but Phuppo insisted that She needed to be appropriate while moving around.

Kher, she changed, grabbed Her bag and came out to leave with the Driver. She was not very friendly with the outside staff, so she instructed Ajmal Bhai to inform the driver to take her to Hamza's office.

The car passed through the beautiful beach of Karachi. She was looking at it for the first time, it was mesmerising. The waves and the serenity and the sunset. It was all soothing her anxious nerves and she started enjoying the way. The office was not too far away, and they reached in about 15 minutes.

As Maya arrived at Hamza's office, she couldn't shake off her nerves. The sleek, modern building loomed before her, filled with bustling professionals. She felt out of place in her simple attire and lack of experience in any such place.

Maya entered the office lobby and walked up to the receptionist, who greeted her with a warm smile, Maya couldn't help but feel self-conscious. It was the first time in life that she was at some private office. She wondered if anyone was judging her based on her naivete.