Part 22

Hamza was back from work, he didn't see Maya today. Maybe she's getting ready, they had to be at the dinner by 8:15 or max 8:30. He decided to use the gym for half an hour before getting ready.

At around 7:45, dressed in white Kurta Shalwar, gelled hair, and formal black shoes to complete the attire, he looked in the mirror and was satisfied with his look. He picked up his favourite perfume and sprayed it as the final touch.

His mind wandered to Maya, he had never seen her dressed formally, except for his wedding, he was a little worried if she would be able to get ready party appropriate. He remembered the morning of their wedding, Mom did her make-up and helped her get dressed.

He thought he should check on her while there was time so that if she had made a mess of herself, he could at least get the corrections done in time.

He came out of his room and reached Maya's door. As he raised his hand to knock at the door, a sound was coming from her room as if someone was talking, he stopped, who could be there? Who is she talking to? He knocked again and turned the knob of the door, it was not locked and he opened it.

As he entered the room, his breath caught in his throat. There stood the beauty turned towards the mirror, he could only see her back, and he couldn't move his eyes from her, adorned in the pristine white sari that accentuated her perfect curves, the neckline from the back dipped just enough to offer a tantalizing glimpse of her porcelain skin, the contrast against the fabric breathtaking in its purity.

She saw him at the doorstep through the mirror and turned towards him, she looked breathtakingly beautiful. Her face cuts were accentuated with appropriate makeup, which was not too much and not too little, just perfect.

The light smoky eye makeup was making her eyes look dreamy, he never liked very dark blush on, and there she was wearing it in a way that gave her face a very graceful and beautiful look.

Small pearl earrings clipped to her ears, and the diamond bangles that he gave her the next day of the wedding were shining at her wrists. He had always seen her in full sleeves but from the short sleeves of the blouse her white round arms were gleaming in the light of the room. Her hair was tied in a bun, and the heels were lying near the foot of the bed.

Hamza couldn't utter a word just stayed glued to where he was standing, basked in the glory of her beauty. Blush crept up Maya's face as she saw expressions on Hamza's face. She felt self-conscious dressed in such attire.

And then suddenly a voice came from the corner, 'ab aap pallu ko peechay se pin kar lain.' Hamza came out of his trance and looked to the right side where the voice was coming from. It was a YouTube video that was playing on her laptop.

He looked at her again, with question in his eyes.

She felt embarrassed, lowered her eyes and said,

"Mujhe Sari peheni nahi aati tau YouTube tutorial daikh kar pehan lee hai."