31❤

AYAAN'S P.O.V

Aashi keeps sipping her hot chocolate and gazing out the window. I quietly shut the window, not wanting her to catch a cold in this weather. She pouts and clenches her fist.

I was about to say something when our room door opens and Bhavya walks in. She avoids making eye contact with me and sits on the bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I can't give you privacy. You've been in this room all morning. Aryan and Ayushi want to come in, but they're too upset. So Deepak ji is bringing them here..." she mumbles without looking at me. I can't help but find her adorable at times.

"Tell him to bring Divya. I'll teach her a lesson," I say, teasing her. But she shakes her head.

"I'll take care of her. You don't have to teach her," she responds immediately. A mother is always a mother.

Just to playfully tease her, I sit next to Bhavya and give her a tight hug before moving towards Aashi.

"Finished with your drink? Put it down," I mutter, taking the glass from her.

Once I've covered us both with a blanket, Deepak enters the room again, this time with Ayushi and Aryan.

"Let's go, Bhavya. Let's give them some alone time," Deepak suggests. Bhavya nods and leaves with him.

Aryan shifted from foot to foot, looking at Aashi's bandages. His lips trembled, and it seemed like he wanted to embrace her but stayed quiet.

"Come here, both of you," Aashi called, opening her arms.

Aryan pouted and ran to her. She immediately wrapped her arm around him.

And there was my daughter, still looking between us.

"Come here," I called her. She took a few steps and crushed herself in my arms.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, still pressing her face against my stomach.

"Look at me. Who made you realize your mistake?" I asked with a serious face.

"Chachu."

"Good that you realized, at least," I mumbled, pulling her towards the bed.

On the other side, Aryan was looking at Aashika with his trembling lips, as if he was about to cry.

"What happened?" Aashika finally asked. He sobbed and wrapped his arm around her neck, burying his face in her chest.

"I'm sorry too."

"It's okay..."

"No, it's not okay. You've been doing this a lot lately. Even your teacher told me that you throw objects when you're angry. Do you want me to help you deal with this anger? Let's go home, and then I'll see how much anger you have," I scolded, but Aashika glared at me, wrapping her arm around Aryan.

"No, it's perfectly fine..."

"Ayushi, take your brother out for a minute. I'll call you inside in a minute," I said. Ayushi shook her head, but then nodded and pulled Aryan out of the door, softly shutting it.

"It's perfectly fine?" I asked. She nodded her head.

" Okay, if everything's fine, then let them do as they please. I won't interfere in your affairs. Go ahead and do whatever you want. "

" Ayaan, you're being too strict. They're still young and make mistakes. You can't punish them for every little thing. "

" Little thing? Aashika, I've never mistreated them. If that's what you are implying" I reply truthfully. I've let many of their wrongdoings slide. How can she think like this? They're not just her children, they're mine too.

" You're always on their head for every small issue. Stop it. They might start fearing you. Do you want them to be scared to talk to you? "

She's really pushing my buttons with these unnecessary questions. I turn away, scrolling through my phone. I hear little footsteps, indicating that they've entered the room again.

If she thinks everything's fine, then so be it. If she believes I'm mistreating our kids, then fine. I'll stay quiet. Let them yell at her, let them throw things at her.

Lost in my thoughts, Ayushi rests her chin on my shoulder.

" What's wrong? " I ask, softening my tone.

" Game? "

" Which game should I download... "

" No, I want to build a snowman outside... Let's go. " She says cutely, but Aashi pulls her away and stands up, seemingly unconcerned about her injury.

" Let's go make it. " She suggests, and I shoot her a glare before shifting my gaze towards Ayushi.

" Aren't you coming? " She asks, and before I can respond, Aashika interjects.

" Dad's not feeling well, let's go outside. I feel suffocated in this room. " She says, and goes out limping.

Great, now she feels suffocated with me in the room. Am I really that bad at parenting? Or she is just never going to understand me?