37❤

AYAAN'S P.O.V

I prop my feet up on the table while Aashika takes care of the household chores. Since it's going to be a while, I decided to start a movie.

By the time the movie ends, Aashika comes over to me in a saree with her hair down.

"Wow, you look beautiful," I said.

She sits next to me and turns her back to me securing her hair on her left shoulder.

" Tie it and also hook up my blouse." She said in a sweet tone.As I do, I lean in and kiss her neck from behind.

After securing her blouse hook. I turn her to me . I lean down to kiss her lips but she playfully pushes me away.

"Do you like how I look? I did this for you," she says, showing off her outfit.

"I'm speechless," I reply, gently tucking her hair behind her ear.

She kisses me and then steps back.

"Today, I'm your chef. Tell me what you want to eat, and I'll make it," she offers excitedly.

"Chicken drumstick," I suggest.

"Nope, I'm not making a chicken dish. Choose something else," Aashika responds, shaking her head.

"Are you serious about what you said that day?" I ask, because today also I was going to repeat it I'm hesitant to use my hand. I don't want to hurt Ayushi. Aashi, please don't do this to me.

She nods in response.

"Anything else?" she asks.

I stay silent, giving her puppy dog eyes that I've learned from them.

"Tell me, and I'll make it," she insists.

"I already told you. Make me one, Mrs. Aashika," I say, pulling her close and resting my head on my personal pillow.

"Will you punish Ayushi like you always do? She didn't do anything major. She's a girl, Ayaan. Girls shouldn't be punished like that," she whispers, and I want to say 'a mother's heart.'

"Yeah, she's a bit of a tomboy. Once you convince her to grow her hair long, then I'll consider her a girl," I joke.

"I.M.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E. be happy with her shoulder-length hair," Aashika retorts.

Her playful tone makes me chuckle. I hold onto my personal pillow and lay back, resting my head on it.

"Ayaan, please reconsider for me," she whispers, running her fingers through my hair.

I lower my hand and place it on her waist.

"Do you want me to slap her?" I ask in a serious tone. She stops her hand and smacks my shoulder.

"AYAAN," she shouts angrily but soon calms down.

"Please reconsider, she is a girl. And she is growing up. Just the other day she was telling me about getting underarm hair, another sign of her growing up. Please reconsider. She's already irritated with all this puberty stuff and you're not helping her."

"I wouldn't stop you from punishing Aryan, but leave Ayushi alone," she whispers as I flip our positions. She lies over me and her saree pallu lowers down a little.

"Maybe she doesn't like change, that's why she's irritated," Aashi says again, making me rethink. But I shake off my thoughts.

"Shut up this instant," I mumble, squeezing her lightly.

"Okay, I will cook what you said. Bring the main ingredients when you go to pick up Ayushi and Aryan."

____

In school, Ayushi was writing at the speed of light to complete her work. Her friends were also helping her to finish.

"Ayushi, are you done?" one of her friends asks. She shakes her head and continues working. As the bell rings for lunch, her friends start eating while Ayushi remains focused on her work.

She looks up, still writing, after feeling a tap on her hand.

"What are you doing here?" she asks Aryan, who shifts in his seat and opens his lunch box.

"You didn't come to meet me."

"Okay, just don't disturb me," Ayushi mumbles, continuing her work. Aryan moves closer to Ayushi and forwards a spoon full of fried rice to her. Ayushi turns to him and hugs him.

"You're the best. I'm actually hungry, but if I don't finish this, the teacher will have  chance to humiliate me. Open my lunch box too, my cutu ."

Ayushi continues her work, even though her fingers feel like they're about to break. After lunch, Aryan leaves for his class, which is a game period.

As the bell rings, Ayushi pouts, putting her head down.

"I should have started when Mom told me to. Now this teacher will eat my head."

Ayushi, can you show me your work first? The teacher called out to Ayushi, who stood up and handed her copies over. She flipped through the pages and returned them to the teacher.

"Do you want me to write the remaining?" Ayushi silently shook her head.

"Good, since you can't complete it in the given time, stand out of the class," the teacher said. Ayushi looked down and left the classroom.

"I know I have to stand for more than an hour now. Why does she take two subjects in one class?" Ayushi mumbled to herself, kicking her feet against the wall.

"But it's good, at least I don't have to hear nonsense. I always feel so sleepy in her class," Ayushi giggled to herself and got more comfortable.

After school ended, Ayushi stood near the school gate holding Aryan's hand. They were looking for their mother but didn't find her.

After a minute, Ayushi's eyes fell on Ayaan, and she almost jumped in excitement.

Ayushi held Aryan's hand and ran towards Ayaan's car.

"Daddy," she said as she hugged Ayaan's waist.

"How was school?" Ayaan asked, ruffling their hair.

"Good, I made a family tree," Aryan said with a wide smile.

"I had to stand out of the class, but it was also fun because I always felt so sleepy in that class," Ayushi said, a naughty smile appearing on her lips.

Ayaan shook his head in disappointment.

"Ayushi, you do understand that was not a reward, right?" Ayaan said, upset.

Ayushi nodded her head and took her seat in the car.

"Papa, drive."

.

.

.

"Go change your clothes and come downstairs fast," Ayaan ordered, taking off his watch from his wrist.

Both kids looked at their mother. When Aashika didn't even look at them, they silently went to their room.

"Ayaan, they just came back. Let them rest," Aashi said.

"Aashi, I brought the ingredients. You can make it right now or at night, I don't mind," Ayaan said, looking straight.

"Ayaan, reconsider... And I'm going to cook right now," she mumbled, tucking her saree pallu in her waist, then left for the kitchen but still kept giving