46❤

Aryan and Ayushi sat anxiously in the police station. Aryan was in tears, clutching Ayushi's hand tightly against his chest.

"I need to use the bathroom," Ayushi said.

"Don't worry, I'll come with you. You won't leave you alone right," Aryan replied, jumping off the bench and holding onto Ayushi's hand.

They glanced over at the busy officer, trying to get his attention. Ayushi tugged on the officer's pants to get him to notice them.

"I need to go to the washroom," Ayushi said.

"Sure, go ahead. Your mom and dad will be here in two minutes," the officer reassured them. Aryan looked at Ayushi with fear in his eyes.

"Didi, will they lock us up in jail because we didn't go to school?" Aryan asked, his voice trembling. Ayushi swallowed nervously, feeling scared herself.

"N... No, they only lock up bad people," Ayushi replied.

"But we were being bad. Sis, I don't want to live in jail. I want my mom and dad," Aryan sobbed.

Ayushi stopped in her tracks, unable to hold back her tears any longer. She started crying, rubbing her eyes.

"I don't want to live in jail either," she said, their cries becoming more audible.

"Hey kids, why are you crying?" one of the police officers asked. They both looked at him and started crying even louder.

Everyone around them looked on with concern. Soon, their father arrived and embraced them tightly. Ayaan held them close to his heart, whispering comforting words to them.

They looked at him and hugged him tightly once again.

Ayaan tried to calm them down, but they refused to let go of each other.

As he attempted to separate them, their cries only grew louder.

"Let it be. I'll talk to the officer," Aashika said, feeling a bit scared and unsure of what to do. Ayaan could tell from her expression.

"Ayushi, Aryaan, daddy needs to speak with the officer," he said firmly.

"We won't skip class, Papa. We won't do anything bad. Please don't leave us here," Ayushi pleaded, her crying making his heartstrings.

The anger that had driven him here was now replaced by concern.

"Why on earth would they bring kids to the police station?" Ayaan wondered, rubbing his baby's back.

"Papa," Ayushi whispered, pulling away from his neck.

"Yes, mera baccha , what is it?"

"You won't leave us here, right? I wouldn't fight with Aryan," Ayushi said, as Ayaan kissed her cheek.

"Papa will take both of you home. Okay? Can you go with mom? You're my big girl and you're a big guy. Go sit in the car, Papa will be there in a minute," Ayaan reassured them, looking at Aashika standing nearby.

Aryan immediately clung to his mother,

" Mumma there was a ghost. "

Aashika just held him close, glancing at Ayushi.

"I want to stay with you," Ayushi said, holding onto Ayaan once more.

"Aashi, go sit in the car with Aryan. I'll come in a minute," Ayaan instructed. Aashika nodded and left the police station.

Ayaan carried Ayushi towards the main desk.

"Is something wrong?,"

"Yes, Mr. Ayaan, your kids were found in a Half-burned abandoned house. We received a information that a murderer was hiding there. It was incredibly dangerous for both of your children, especially your daughter. If we hadn't found them when we did unintentionally , you might have received much worse news," the officer explained.

The stern words from the police made Ayaan hold Ayushi even closer to himself. His grip tightened around her as if he wanted to shield her from the world.

"Man, we've been hearing so many cases of rape and murder lately. And it's not limited to any specific age group. Your kids were lucky that we found them. That area is really unsafe. How did they even end up there? As parents, you should be more careful," the police officer said.

Ayaan nodded, apologizing and thanking them before making his way back to the car. He tried to put Ayushi in the back seat with Aashika and Aryan, but she shook her head.

"Aashi, take her," Ayaan muttered, gently prying Ayushi's hold from himself.

"What did the police say?" Aashika asked, looking at Ayaan through the rearview mirror before focusing on the road.

"Nothing much, just told me to be careful," Ayaan replied.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Aashi," Ayaan mumbled as he entered the room, a towel hanging on his waist.

"Ayushi, you go take a bath first, and Aryan, you too," Ayaan mumbled, taking out his night clothes.

Both of them shook their heads, not wanting to be alone in the bathroom.

"Aashi, can you give them a bath? They were clinging onto me, and I had contact with my patients. Please, they can't sleep like this," Ayaan mumbled, quickly putting on his t-shirt.

Aashika left the room to get clothes for Aryan and Ayushi.

Aryan looked around and shifted closer to Ayushi on the bed.

Ayushi did the same, keeping her eyes on Ayaan, not wanting him to leave the room either.

"Papa, I want to sleep here tonight," Ayushi said, giving him her best puppy eyes.

"When did I say otherwise?" Ayaan thought.

"Ayushi, do you want to take a bath alone like you usually do?" Aashika asked, entering the room.

Ayushi remained silent, unsure of whether to say yes or no.

"Alright then, go to your room. You can take a bath there," Aashika said, unaware of Ayushi's expression as she was focused on undressing Aryan.

Ayaan whispered as he glanced at Ayushi, who was unbuttoning her school shirt, "Aashi brought me into the bathroom while you were cooking. She held my hand the entire time. And now you think she wants to go to her room and take a shower there."

"Alright, everyone, go and take a bath. But make sure you don't spend too much time in the shower. Come out right away," Ayaan muttered.

He lay down on his bed using phone trying to forget what officer said to him.