52❤

" Go to your room immediately. You will not come out until I call you. Do you understand?"

She glanced at Aryan, causing her to cry even more.

"I pulled Aryan. He insisted he didn't want to come. He wanted to go to school. I had to pull him," Ayushi said through tears.

"Ayushi, go to your room right now."

Despite her tears, she began to make her way to her room.

Aryan looked at me, his pout still on his lips. He wiped away the tears that fell from his eyes.

"Daddy."

"Come here," I said, he started to sob but standing near me.

"What did I tell you last time? You never listen to me, do you?" I said, twisting his ears.

He remained silent, but his sobbing continued.

"You both have disappointed me so much," I said, pulling him over my lap. When the first slap landed on his bare bottom harder than I intended, he started crying loudly, looking at Aashika.

"You will tell me if your sister uses bad words, and if she tells you to skip school, you will go straight to school. You will not follow your sister anywhere other than school," I said, giving him a few more smacks.

I stood up, holding his hand, and led him to the guest room.

"I don't want to hear your crying," I said, locking the door from the outside and leaving him inside with the lights off. "You enjoyed that shabby place, now enjoy this room."

I walked to Ayushi's room. She was sitting quietly, rubbing her hands. I removed the chair from her room so she couldn't turn on the lights.

Turning off the light, I locked her room from the outside as well. Yes, I know I'm being harsh.

She immediately began banging her hands on the door, and her cries became louder.

With a heavy heart, I made my way to my room instead of the kitchen. I didn't want to argue with Aashi right now. All I wanted was a hug, which I knew I wouldn't get, so I just cuddled up with a pillow.

After lying down for a few minutes, I closed my eyes and tried to distract myself. But after a while, I turned around feeling Aashi's hand on me.

"Yes."

"Dinner is ready," she whispered softly. I patted my side, not really expecting her to comply, but she took that place and wrapped her arm around me.

"Go to their room and tell them to join us at the dining table," I instructed.

Aashika didn't take more than two minutes to get up. She quickly left the room. I also got up and walked downstairs towards the guest room where Aryan was locked.

I opened the door and turned on the light, finding him sitting in the bathroom where the lights were on.

They do have a sense.

He looked in my direction and ran towards me, hugging my legs.

"Papa," he said, his voice filled with tears. He immediately started sobbing.

"Will you defy me again?" I asked. He shook his head vigorously. I picked him up and made my way to the dining table. Aashika was already there with Ayushi, who was sniffling repeatedly.

"Mom, I'm not hungry," Ayushi said, her voice heavy from crying and shouting.

"Just a little bit, beta, and then you can have your mango shake," Aashika said affectionately.

Ayushi's lips trembled, and she immediately hugged Aashika from the side.

And in the next moment, she was sitting on her mother's lap while Aashika gently caressed her hair.

"I will not skip school," she mumbled, then glanced at me but quickly looked away.

"Mumma, feed me," she requested.

Aashika nodded and started feeding her slowly. Aryan also picked up his plate and jumped down from his seat.

He pushed his plate towards me, indirectly asking me to feed him.

I think I have punished them more than enough.

I lift him up and place him on my lap. He nestles against my chest and slips his hand inside my shirt. This little one is quite affectionate.

"Finish it too, you like it, right?" I ask, pointing at the mango shake after the dinner.

"I want ice cream," he replies.

"It will take time, sona . I will give it to you tomorrow morning," Aashika says, but neither of them wants it now. They were excited for it before their punishment.

"It's delicious, Ayushi, baccha ," I say. She looks at me, and her eyes well up with tears again.

"Okay, if you don't want it. Both of you go to your room and sleep. Aashika, put it in the fridge," I instruct.

They both walk towards their room. I let them go together, as otherwise, they would stay up all night.

After finishing everything, Aashika and I also made our way towards our room.

Upon entering, we find Aryan and Ayushi sleeping in opposite corners of the bed.

"Wait, they are sleeping here?" I ask.

"Let them sleep, don't be mean, please," Aashika mumbles, punching my stomach. She climbs onto the bed and takes Aryan in her arms.

"My son," she whispers kissing his face .

"My daughter," I mumble, following her lead and embracing Ayushi.