Fifty Seven / Premiere Night

May 7th, 2013 (20 weeks, 5 days)

"I hate this, leaving you three here," Paul mumbles. He puts his hands on my belly. As if on cue, the baby kicks. The baby knows that it's Paul, because he or she kicks every time Paul touches my belly. The smile that follows on his lips brightens the conversation.

I smile while fixing his tie. "We will be with you the entire time in spirit, remember that. Try to have fun, okay? I don't want to see you all sad. You know you have to be upbeat for the fans." I had offered to go with him for support but he said no. He doesn't want to put me or his family in the spotlight and I respect that. Plus, it's probably not a good idea for me to be wearing heels. Knowing me, I'll probably trip, especially looking at Paul in a suit.

"I'll miss you and the bump," he says, leaning down to kiss my belly. "Listen up now, you be good for Mommy, okay? Daddy has to go to work but I'll be back soon." Paul doing that always makes my heart flutter. He loves to talk to the bump, and sometimes he will even sing or play guitar to it. One time he even played the Star Wars theme song since he is so convinced the baby is a boy.

Giggles come from the other room, and I notice Meadow and Aubree peeking out of the door. They've grown such a nice sisterly bond, and I'm glad that they have. In a way, I envy it. Sophie and I used to be like that when we were younger, and I can only hope that Meadow and Aubree don't grow to be like we are now.

Paul stands up straight and wraps his arms around me. "I'll be back as soon as the carpet event is over." He places a kiss on my forehead.

As much as I would like for him to do that, he can't. It's premiere night for Fast & Furious 6 and he needs to celebrate. I gaze up into his ocean blue eyes, hoping my eyes show him how proud I am. "Baby, I am so proud of you. You know that? This movie is so big and it's because of you and your Fast family. Now what good would it do if we were in the way of you guys celebrating?" He begins to protest but I cut him off by giving him a soft kiss. "We will stay here, okay? I don't think it would be good for me anyway." I've been feeling sick the past couple of days and it hasn't seemed to be getting any better. Hopefully it's just pregnancy sickness. It did worry me a little because I wasn't this sick with Aubree.

His hands move to my belly and stay there. "Are you sure? I'm worried about you, love. How can I focus and have fun when I'm worrying about you?" Those blue eyes almost make me want to agree with him and let him come home early.

I sigh and hug him. "I'm okay, I promise." Lying to him isn't going to solve anything, especially when I know he can tell when I'm not being truthful.

"Okay," he says, seeming to accept my answer. "I love you."

"I love you, too. When you get home maybe we can cuddle and watch a movie or something." The smile that plays on my lips hints at more but I leave it unsaid.

Paul must pick up on that because he has the same smile too. "I think I like the or something part." He kisses my forehead again before turning towards the girls' room. When he opens the door, I hear them all laugh. They are what I live for, and this baby. He or she is another piece that will fit perfectly into our lives.

I walk over to the window and look out at the London scenery. Me and the girls were leaving in a couple of days to go back home, since Meadow still has school and it won't be too long until I'm in my third trimester. I also have a doctor's appointment to find out what we're having. Paul is beyond excited to prove to me that he's gonna get his little Jedi.

My eyes travel to the London Eye, and my cheeks heat up at the memory we created there on our second anniversary. Our first day here Paul suggested that we take another ride on it, so we did. Of course, he was only suggesting it to get a rise out of me, and it did. I smile at the memory, and smile even more when I feel those strong, familiar arms around me. I've never felt anything but safe, secure, and loved when I'm in them.