Twenty Two / Daddy Dearest

A/N: Really excited for this chapter!!!! Hope you enjoy :)

February 19th, 2010

Opening the refrigerator, I scan the contents inside, hoping to find something to satisfy my hunger. I sigh softly, thinking to myself. Today is the day, it's make it or break it. I know Paul said that he would always love me regardless of how today turned out, but it's much more complicated than that. I don't want to be in the way of Meadow's relationship with her father if she doesn't like me.

I shut the refrigerator door, and Paul appears out of nowhere, scaring me. "Geez, Paul! You scared the living daylights out of me!"

He smirks and moves around me, opening the cabinet that has all of the cereal and poptarts in it. "I know what you're thinking about, and I'm telling you, you have nothing to worry about. Meadow is going to love you."

"You don't know that for a fact," I say, moving around to sit on a stool at the breakfast bar.

"Yes, I do. Why wouldn't she love you? You are amazing." He smiles that smile that makes me want to melt.

"And you are biased." I smile back.

Paul rolls his eyes. "Whatever. But you know it's true." He walks around to me and stands behind me, his hands on my hips. "I love you, Sierra. So so much." His lips are at my neck, and I can't help but start to relax.

I turn around to face him, and say, "I love you, too." My arms wrap around him, pulling him closer to me, so my legs can wrap around him too. I stretch up to meet his lips with my own, and a feeling of warmth envelops me. Our kisses are so indescribable, and I find myself falling for this wonderful man again. But that feeling scares me. To leave my heart with him thrills and terrifies me at the same time. It thrills me because I have never felt more alive than when I'm with Paul. But it terrifies me because of what happened last time. Yeah, it was a total misunderstanding, but my heart and trust with him was shattered. And now that it's slowly being repaired, I find myself slightly hesitating, but wanting to fall back head over heels.

His phone starts to ring, and he pulls it out of his pocket and moves away a little to look at it. It's not a phone call, only a reminder to leave and pick up Meadow. He looks up at me and smiles, then says, "Do you want to go to the airport with me?" I pause for a second and bite my lip, considering my answer, when he comes closer again and whispers in my ear, "You really shouldn't bite your lip. That would make me late in picking up my daughter because I would have to take you back to my bedroom."

My heart feels like it is about to burst out of my ribcage. I've missed this Paul, and it's always funny to tease him, but I know to take his threat seriously or else he will follow through with it. In this case, however, it wouldn't be a good thing since his 11 year old daughter would be waiting at the airport. I attempt to push him away, rather unsuccessfully, but I say, "I'll go with you."

He moves away then, smiling, and says, "That's great. Get ready and let's go. I'll wait in the living room. Don't be long, the plane lands in about 30 minutes." Paul gives me a quick kiss before turning away to walk to the living room.

I slip down from the stool, and walk back to our bedroom. We've been sharing a room, but now that Meadow is coming I'm not too sure of whether I should stay in here. When I brought the subject up to Paul, he just laughed and told me not to worry. 'I told Meadow that I am serious about you,' I remember him saying. That made me smile immensly.

Walking into our bedroom, I make my way over to my suitcase, picking out a random shirt and jeans, and put them on quickly. Then I grab my shoes and put them on, and walk to the living room. "Ready?" I ask Paul.