Fifteen / An Almost Run-In

Countdown until Paul leaving: 15 days

Waking up to the sound of California waves is so peaceful, it makes you just want to lay in bed forever. It also makes me seriously consider quitting my job and moving here with Paul. I would move here in a heartbeat. But considering all the movie stuff coming up, my job will be a good thing to keep me busy.

Sighing, I run my hand over Paul's side of the bed, not really expecting to find him there. He is working today, despite my feeble attempts to get him to skip. Finally, I open my eyes, and the room is dark. I notice that the curtains are pulled, keeping most of the morning sunlight out. On Paul's pillow, there is note, which reads:

Good morning my love. I hope you slept well. You looked so peaceful so I didn't wake you when I left. Sorry to leave you alone. Perhaps you could call Ashlie or Amie and meet up for lunch? Don't get lost touring California ;) Call me if you need me. I love you.

His notes always make me smile, especially those last three words. Reading over the note again, I think about calling Ashlie or Amie for lunch, but decide against it. I want to go out on my own and explore the city I will be living in with Paul in the near future.

I get out of bed and walk into the closet, then stand in front the section my clothes are at. My eyes scan over the selection. Before I make my decision, I walk outside to see how the weather is. I cross my arms at the slight chill, and that helps me narrow down my outfit. I walk back to the closet and pull out my long-sleeved baby blue shirt, dark wash skinny jeans, and soft brown boots.

My stomach starts to get that weird nervous feeling as it did from three nights ago when I was with Paul and his family. I try to convince myself that I'm just hungry, but I know deep down that isn't true. Something is up.

Next, I grab my phone, purse, sunglasses, and car keys, then walk down the hallway to the kitchen to get a small breakfast. Today is going to be a good day, Sierra. I smile to myself. Who are you kidding? Something just doesn't feel right. That smile turns into a frown. My attempt to push those thoughts away doesn't work, and I sit in the kitchen eating breakfast while my anxiety builds up. I unlock my phone, hoping to distract myself but to no avail. So instead, I walk out the front door, hop into Paul's car, and drive.

My first stop is Starbucks. Hopefully a mocha frappe can calm me down. Strangely enough, I haven't been spotted by paparazzi yet. I'm not going to question it, not being watched or having pictures of me being taken is nice. I sit down away from the windows, not really wanting to draw attention to myself. It's lunchtime, and I figure that Paul must be getting a break soon, so I send him a text.

How is work?

I take another sip of my drink when he replies.

Busy busy busy. You aren't lost, are you?

About that time, I look up to see multiple people across the street with cameras pointing my way. So much for not being spotted. I sigh and reply to Paul's text.

No, I can manage just fine with a little help from my friends with cameras.

Without even seeing what his face looks like while reading that text, I just know he is smiling, and it's obvious in his answer.

Lol don't worry about them love. Back to work now. Call if you need me. I love you.

There are those three words again. The power behind them can turn my day around in a second. I send them back.