Twelve / The First Time

A/N: Author's note at end of chapter has very important information about Paul's part! Make sure to read! :)

Countdown until Paul leaving: 30 days

I can't even begin to say how grateful I am to get today off. And to make it even better, it'll be a three day weekend for me! Even though I hate my job most of the time, being off on weekends makes it a little better. Know what I'm doing during my three day weekend? Spending it with Paul, of course. Right now, I'm making us dinner. Chicken with baked potatoes, a salad, and rolls. My chicken is turning out better than Paul's, not that the fact is surprising.

He's coming over tonight for dinner and a movie, and I think he may be spending the night as well. My face turns bright red when I think about what may happen. Someone knocking on the door stops my thoughts of that. I turn the chicken over in the pan and walk to the door. I don't even bother to look at who it is, because I know it's him.

Opening the door to his smiling face, I immediately hug him. He doesn't leave to go film Fast & Furious for another month, but I still take every chance to hug or kiss him, which I do. His lips are so soft. He pulls away and sniffs the air. "You are making chicken aren't you." It was more of a statement than a question. When I nod my head, he narrows his eyes. My heart jumps, but he laughs. "Are you just trying to rub it in my face that you're a better cook than me? Because I thought that we already established that." He removes my arms from him and grabs my hand, softly pulling me back into my apartment.

I turn around to shut the door, then walk back into the kitchen to tend to the chicken. "We both knew who was the better cook before you tried to make us dinner." He just rolls his eyes at me. I notice that he's carrying a duffel bag. Looks like he is staying the night. I point that out. "So, are you staying the night?"

He glances down at his bag, then looks at me. “Yeah, if that’s okay.”

I smirk, taking the opportunity to be smart with him. “No, it’s not. You can’t stay here.” But of course, I can’t keep my smile from breaking out.

Paul laughs, a sound that I consider heavenly. He drops his bag, and slowly walks toward me. The chicken is done, so I turn the stove off. About that time, he turns me around, picks me up, and sits me on the counter. “Are you trying to be smart with me?”

“Maybe,” I say softly. My stomach is fluttering like crazy. Him being this close, his scent intoxicating me.

He pulls my legs around him, which pulls me closer to him. I can feel my legs shaking as his lips leave a trail along my jawbone to my neck, where he kisses. “You know, being smart with me is cause for punishment.”

My head starts to swim. Maybe we won’t be eating dinner. The thought excites and scares me at the same time. Am I ready for this? Yes, Sierra. You know you are. A wave of courage flows through me, and I turn his head so my lips meet his. The kiss starts out soft, but then it turns into a heated one. I pull at his shirt, trying to unbutton it. I get the first one unbuttoned, but then my oven timer goes off, signifying that the rolls are done. I sigh and rest my forehead against his. Every time we start to get into it, something always happens.

He laughs and kisses me again, tilts my head up so he is looking right into my eyes. “I love you, Sierra.”