Eighteen / Broken Pieces

A/N: So I'm trying this new thing out, where I'm going to be adding songs to the chapters that I think goes along with them. I'll probably go back through the previous chapters and add songs to those too if you want to read back through them with the song, just let me know. Anyways, enjoy. :)

Song of the chapter: Everything Changes by Staind

(If the YouTube video link whatever doesn't work, just look it up. Excuse my Wattpad incompetence :) )

Countdown until Paul leaving: 10 days

I step out of my early morning shower, cold air instantly enveloping me. Thoughts consume my mind right now, and they aren't necessarily good ones.

The past few days, Paul has been so sketchy, and I don't know why. It's so unlike him. When he gets home from work, he'll just give me a weak smile and walk by me. I'll ask what is wrong with him, he shrugs the question off, grabs his surfboard, and walks outside. It's been that way ever since the cast dinner a few days ago, and quite honestly, I'm a little worried.

Maybe he's just stressed and needs time to himself. I roll my eyes at the thought, grabbing the towel from the towel rack beside me. Even if he was stressed he wouldn't just completely blow me off. And I have given him time. Five days to be exact.

If he can't find relaxation with surfing, then something seriously has to be wrong. I think about asking Cody or Caleb to see if he might have said something to them, but I quickly decide against it. I stare at myself in the mirror, trying to think of some way to get to him. The bright idea of just being in my towel when he comes home pops into my head. There's no way he'll be able to blow me off then.

I glance at the clock on Paul's nightstand. It's 10:27, and I walk slowly over to my nightstand where my phone is laying. I press the lock screen button and the screen lights up with a picture of Paul kissing my cheek while I smile at the camera. But there is no text from Paul. It doesn't surprise me, from the way he's been. Usually he'll text or call saying that he's at work and tell me he loves me, but the absence of that text leaves a damper on my mood for my plan.

To brighten my mood, I decide to call Callie and see how things are going at work. While I'm typing in her number, I laugh to myself, already knowing it's probably been complete hell for her. Regardless of working with Dawn and her evil minions, just being around them as people annoys you. I place the call, and stand at the glass door that leads out to the beach, watching the waves.

Callie answers on the first ring. "Hey. I'm so glad you called. Today has been hell. I can't wait till your skinny ass gets back here!"

I laugh at her. "You don't normally cuss, so I'll take your word that it has been pretty bad."

"Pretty bad? No," she laughs, "Absolutely awful. Horrendous is a better word. My job isn't to wait on people hand and foot, yet Dawn has me doing that! I'm not her assistant, I'm a damn columnist!" By the time she stops talking my phone is a few inches away from my ear, she is yelling so loud. I wait a few seconds, making sure she doesn't start yelling again, when she says in a normal voice, "Are you there?"

Holding the phone back to my ear, I say, "Yeah, I'm here. I'm all for you ranting, Lord knows I am, but you might need to watch your voice. She might hear you." The last thing I need is for my best friend to lose her job. Without her, I would lose my sanity at work.

"No, she won't. It's my lunch break right now, and I'm not even in the building."

"Still, you never know who could be around to tell her what you said." I make my way to the kitchen, open the refrigerator, and pull out a bottle of water.