Twenty Six / The Truth Comes Out Eventually

July 31st, 2010

Kissing the still sleeping Paul on the cheek, I decide to let him sleep in a little longer. He's been working hard the past couple of weeks so he deserves it. I slide out of bed to go make us some breakfast. The nightmares about Jake have stopped, but I haven't been able to sleep much for the past few weeks because of the excitement of the wedding. It's now a week from today, and I could never be more nervous yet estatic in my life, marrying the man of my dreams and becoming Mrs. Paul Walker.

Walking into the kitchen, I push the curtains back, and I'm kind of disappointed the sun isn't out. We were under cloud cover today here in Rio. Ever since we got here to film Fast Five two weeks ago, I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to go back home. Don't get me wrong, Santa Barbara is beautiful, but not like it is here. Getting to wake up to this beautiful view every morning was absolutely amazing, and I guess you could say that Paul is a bonus. I smile to myself.

Not two seconds later, I feel his arms around me. No matter how much time passes, he will never fail to make my heart beat faster when he does that. "What are you smiling about?" I don't think there's anything more beautiful or sexy in the world than his morning voice.

"Just the fact that this place is so beautiful." I turn around to face him, and wrap my arms around him. I could stare into his blue eyes forever.

"What about me? Aren't I beautiful?" he asks smiling, his hands sliding down to my hips and squeezing. I can tell what his intentions are just by that, but if we don't want miss our flight, it's better that I walk away. We had to be back home in SB today, to finalize stuff for the wedding.

I laugh and poke his nose. "If I were to answer that, it would make your head bigger than it already is." Letting go of him, I walk over to the stove, and pull a pan out of the cabinet. "And I know what you're thinking, no we can't. We'll miss our flight."

He ignores my last comment, so I know he's still going to try to get me to give in. "Hey, my head isn't that big. That's supposed to be Tyrese, don't you remember?" He sits down at the kitchen table, and I can feel his eyes on me. It makes me turn red.

"No, he is supposed to be the one with a big forehead. And you're the one with the big head," I laugh, turning around to look at him. He smiles at my still red face. "I was going to let you sleep in today since we are going back to the States. I know it's been rough filming this time around." They have been doing some crazy stunts and crazy hours, and I know it has been draining Paul. He always says that he can handle it, and I know he can, but that doesn't keep me from worrying about him.

"I'll be fine. What time is our flight again?" He walks over to me, leaning against the counter. He places his hand on the small of my back, and my body lights up to his touch. That is attempt #2.

This was rejection #2. I glare at him before walking over to the refrigerator and opening it. "10:15. I thought you knew that." He was the one usually on top of things like that, and the one always having to remind me of something.

"Yeah, I do, I was just checking to see if you knew it." When I look over at him, he's smiling. He's gotta be up to something; that sort of smile is never any good.

My eyes flicker over to the clock, I can see that it's 9:30. "Crap! We're going to be late!" I yell, running to the bedroom to pack. I wasn't even going to give in and we still might be late. I can hear him laughing behind me. When I get to the bedroom however, everything is already packed up and ready to go. He walks in, and I turn around to face him. "How is everything already packed?" I ask, opening my bag to grab a random shirt and a pair of jeans. I didn't really care what I wore but there was no way I was going to be photographed by the paps in pajamas.