Thirty Six / Silent Night

(unedited, so sorry again. lol.)

A/N: Just making a point to inform you guys what the game "Dirty Santa" is, since it is played in this chapter. You have a group of people to draw numbers, and obviously number one goes first they pick a gift and open it. Number two can pick a gift and steal number one's gift. Number one has to open the present that number two picked out. I hope that makes sense. If not, comment or message me and I'll try to explain it a little better. Enjoy!

December 25th, 2010

Our bedroom door slams open against the wall, jolting both Paul and I awake. "What the hell was that?" Paul groans, sitting up.

Meadow is standing in the doorway, grinning. "Dad! You're not supposed to curse on Christmas!" She giggles and jumps onto the bed. "You two need to get up before I start opening presents without you."

"And what makes you think we won't stop you from doing that?" Paul asks her with his "serious" face. Meadow laughs again and tries to move off of the bed but he pulls her back and starts tickling her. "No presents for Meadow Rain!"

"No! Stop!" She yells. Somehow she manages to get free of his grasp and takes off down the hallway.

Paul focuses his attention on me. "Merry Christmas, my love." With his boyish grin, he leans down to kiss me, and I forget where we are for a minute. He never fails to make me do that. "I guess we should get up before Meadow opens her presents."

"Yeah, we should." I get out of bed and glance at the clock on Paul's side. It's seven in the morning. "Why is she getting us up this early anyway?" I ask, moving into the bathroom to comb out my bed hair.

"Well, we usually open our presents here and watch a Christmas movie. It's always The Polar Express, which is her favorite. Then we head over to my parent's house at about 10 to open more presents and eat. You thought the Fourth was big, but just wait until you see the food. My mother is an amazing woman." He smiles and wraps his arm around me. "Are you excited to see what your present is?"

He has been teasing me about this present he has gotten me for the longest time, and I am bursting at the seams to find out what it is. In return, I've been teasing him about his present from me. It was definitely the best present I've ever gotten anyone, if I do say so myself. "Beyond excited. Are you excited for yours?"

"Please tell me it involves getting some later tonight." He lets go of me to hold his hands in a praying motion. When I roll my eyes he just laughs. "We really better get to the living room now." We walk to the living room and surprisingly enough, Meadow is sitting on the couch, waiting patiently.

"It's about time you two got in here," she laughs, standing up.

Well, never mind the patient part. "We both figured you would be ripping through your presents by now," I reply, sitting down next to where she was sitting.

Meadow shrugs. "I thought I would be nice and wait."

Paul snorts, rubbing her head when he walks by her. "My kid? Nice? Since when does that happen?" He sits down next to me and puts his arm around me again.

"I'm going to ignore that and open presents now." She moves toward the tree and grabs the first present.

We watch as she unwraps the presents, a big smile on her face when she sees the things she had put on her list. I really liked to see her open the presents that I got her, especially the spa day gift card and movie day gift card. I explained that we could use them on our girl days, and I've never been hugged tighter in my life until then. Paul picked out some good presents for his girl, but it didn't surprise me. He has always been more of a giver, and thankfully his daughter is the same way too. For her "big" gift from the both of us that we promised her, she got a laptop. The look on her face when she opened it was priceless, and Paul luckily got a picture of it. Meadow got us presents with the help of her aunts and uncles.