Eight / Fist, Meet His Face

Countdown until Paul leaving: (same) 1 month, 21 days

"Jake?" My voice is barely above a whisper. I can feel Paul's stare on me, and his hand squeezes tighter on mine. This is not going to be good.

Jake smiles at me. That smile could have made me do anything for him five years ago, but now, in this moment, it just makes me want to cry. In fact, I do tear up. No, Sierra! Get a hold of yourself! I push the tears away, and meet his gaze with a blank look.

"Well, are you not happy to see me?" He opens his arms. Is he seriously suggesting that he wants a hug from me? Ha. No way in hell.

But before I can say anything, Paul chimes in. "No, she's not happy to see you. And from what she has told me about you, I'm not happy to see you either."

Jake's gaze falls to our hands, and his smile falters. "Who is this, Sierra? Your new boyfriend?"

"Why does it matter to you? I'm way happier with Paul than I ever was with you." I give him a small smirk.

"Happier with him? Please. I seriously doubt that. You had the time of your life with me, baby!" That stupid smile is back on his face.

I roll my eyes. I see he hasn't changed. What did I ever see in him? "Go away, Jake."

"No, you are mine." He walks over to us, slightly pushes Paul away, then pull me into his arms. Right that second, I knew all hell was about to break loose. Paul pulls Jake away from me, and Paul's fist connects with Jake's nose.

"Stay the hell away from me and my girlfriend, you hear me? Don't ever come around her, or me." Paul pulls me back to the car, while Jake is still on the ground, his hand covering his nose. People gather around and alternate their gazes between us and Jake. We get into the car and I drive away. Driving down the road, tears start to fill my eyes. I try to hide them from Paul, but he sees anyway. "Hey sweetie, are you okay?" His fingertips stroke my arm and he kisses my shoulder.

I nod, even though I don't feel like I am okay. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He kisses my cheek this time. "Are you sure? You don't look like it."

I sigh and pull off the road. I crawl over into his arms and cry into his chest. "I'm so sorry you had to do that."

He laughs lightly. "You shouldn't be sorry that I punched him. He deserved it. He caused you pain, and I will never let anyone hurt you, including myself. I'd rather die than hurt you. Besides, I'd like to punch his face in any day."

I smile and look up at him. How is this gorgeous man even mine? I wonder silently. Just knowing that he would do anything for me just to make me happy makes me feel safe in his arms. What happened back there showed that he really loves me. Leaning up, my lips graze his, searching for a kiss. He's the one that initiates it. We keep kissing, and things start to get a little heated when he pulls away slightly. I sigh when he does.

"We might need to head home now." He kisses my forehead and pushes away hair as I look at the clock. It's 6:25, he's right. Mom will have dinner ready soon. I sneak another kiss from him then climb back into the driver's seat and drive home.

The drive home was silent, but instead of being an awkward silent, it was comfortable silence. I've found that out upon being with him. It's never awkward with him, it's always comfortable. He was holding my hand, rubbing small circles into it and that action kept me smiling. Actually, just being around him makes me smile. I pull into the driveway, and put the car in park. Surprisingly, I wasn't so nervous about eating dinner with my parents and Paul. Since he said that the car ride home that I conveniently slept during was good, dinner should be a breeze.

Walking in hand in hand into the house, my eyes are met with that familiar flash, but instead of seeing some random person with a camera, it's my mother. I groan. "Mom. Why are you taking pictures of us?"

She whines, something she does a lot. "Because! You two are cute together, and I'm so happy you have found someone that makes you so happy Sierrabear! Especially after that stupid Jake character. He was always quite odd."

I cut off her ramble, "So, is dinner ready?"

"Yes, yes!" She's all excited now. "Go on in to the dining room!"

I take Paul's hand and lead him into the dining room, where we take our seats. He sits across from me. I reach out for his hand, which he smiles and takes. But our moment is shortly lived. "Sierrabear! Come help your loving mother carry the food to the table!" I laugh and lean across the table, get a short kiss from Paul, then walk directly behind me into the kitchen. I can feel Paul's eyes on me, but when I see my dad walk into the dining room, I know he's not watching anymore.

Turning my attention to my mom, I listen as she tells me what to carry in. "Okay, Sierra, I need you to carry this in, this, and this too." She points to the different dishes. It looks like a Thanksgiving feast instead of a normal dinner.

"Mom, what's up with all the food? We're not going to eat all of this."

She waves away my question. "I had to make sure I fixed something your boyfriend will like! I don't want him starving in my house." I smile. She's always that way with anyone. I do as I am told and carry the dishes in, to the already made table. Paul and my dad are talking about cars, something they have in common, and a huge smile breaks out on my face as I walk away. Ever since the first Fast & Furious movie, Dad had gotten into cars, and I'm very happy about that because who knows what they would be talking about right now.

After a few minutes, the table is finally ready and my mother and I both take our seats. Mom and Dad are at the head of the table. "So, Paul, would you like to say grace?" I look up at him.

"Sure," he looks at me and smiles, then bows his head, and we follow. "Dear Father in Heaven, we ask You to bless this food, that it may nurture and heal our bodies. We ask You to please watch over anyone who may be traveling today and to watch over the soldiers who fight for our freedom daily. We thank You for our good health, for family, and for friends. We also thank You for the roof over our head and the clothes on our body, and we thank You for cars." I hear my dad chuckle. "In Christ's name we pray, Amen."

"Amen," we chime in.

"Let's eat!" Mom says, clapping her hands. I shake my head at her. She's embarrassing.

We pass things around as we talk, but it's mostly dad and Paul talking about cars, again. I didn't mind not having to say much, I was enjoying watching him get along well with my parents. Then, my enjoyment ends with what my mother says next.

"About the whole camera thing, Sierra, you'll thank me when it comes to your wedding day!" She smiles at me, but my eyes go wide. Wedding day? Did she seriously just mention that? I glance at Paul quickly, and he's looking at me. Trying to think of what to say, I look back at my mom, then an answer comes to me.

"Mom, don't you think you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself?"

"No, I don't. I can see it between you two. You'll get married for sure." She grabs my hand and squeezes.

My dad looks uncomfortable, just about how I feel as well. But Paul still looks cool, with no trace of apprehension. My dad changes the subject. "So, Paul. When is the next Fast & Furious movie coming out?"

Paul smiles and replies easily, "Well, I leave to film the movie in June, a month and three weeks from today, actually. It'll be released April 3rd of next year."

"That's great," Dad says. "I can't wait for it."

--

Later that night, I'm laying in bed, praying for sleep. But I know tossing and turning isn't going to help. Paul and my dad were talking about the upcoming Fast & Furious movie, which honestly, made me sad. Because now, I can't get my mind off of him leaving for three months to film. Yeah, there are breaks, but still. I try to push those thoughts away, not wanting them to ruin my remaining time with Paul. But then, thinking about him being in the next room over is not letting me sleep, either. I'm highly considering sneaking into the guest room when I hear my doorknob turn slightly.

"Who is it?" I ask, sitting up in bed.

"It's me, love."

I smile as he closes the door softly and climbs into my bed next to me. "I'm glad you came in here. I can't sleep. I was just about to come into your room." Wrapping my arms around him, I soak in this moment. There's not all that many left before he leaves. He has to go to California for principal photography before they actually start shooting, so he'll be gone for two weeks for that. Two weeks isn't that bad compared to two months.

"I couldn't stop thinking about how close you were yet you weren't laying with me in my arms." He kisses my forehead, then looks into my eyes. "God I love you so much." He smiles then yawns at the same time.

I giggle and say, "I think that may be the exhaustion getting to you." It was just starting to get to me. From the waking up early, the flight, and coming home to the altercation with Jake, today has definitely been an exhausting day.

He smiles and shakes his head. "No, it's not exhaustion. It's the truth, Sierra, and you know it." His blue eyes kill me.

I nod. "I know. I love you so much, too." I lean up to kiss him, and we end up kissing for quite a while. After that, I start to feel sleepy. "Maybe you should go back into your room. I don't know how well you sleeping in my bed with me would go over with my parents." I didn't really want him to go though.

"I'll stay until you fall asleep." He kisses my forehead, and I think to myself, this is another perfect moment. But how long will this last after he goes off to filming? I fall asleep to that thought.

A/N: I'm so sorry it took me this long to update! I promise it will not happen again. Anyway, I'm getting close to 1000 reads, and I'm so excited! Thank you all for reading! Much love!