Author's Note - #AlwaysInOurHearts

Honestly, I don't like posting these author's notes, but I feel that this one is necessary. I've been sitting here for about an hour, trying to figure out what to say, but all I can say is wow. Not many words can describe how I feel, other than I feel like I did when I first found out. And it hasn't stopped. We just closed in on a year. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, does it? I haven't shared my tale of how I found out with anyone, but here it is. I remember every single detail of November 30, 2013, and I'll never forget it.

I went out with a friend to go Christmas shopping to another town. We ate at one of my favorite places and it was just an all around good day. I can remember buying these Jolly Rancher sodas, and not wanting to drink them until I could put them in the refrigerator. When I got home around 5:30, I didn't have time to check any social media. I had to go to a family dinner.

The dinner went smoothly and quickly, and I was back home before no time. My parents and I were trying to decide which tree that we should put up. One of our tree's lights didn't work too good and we was trying to find out which one worked better. I told my parents that I was going to go to my room until they brought the tree and the ornaments upstairs so I could decorate it.

When I got to my room, I checked my Twitter account. And that's when my heart shattered.

There was a Twitter headline about Paul dying in a car accident. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. I thought it had to be some kind of mistake or hoax. My favorite actor for as long as I can remember couldn't just be gone like that. I checked around his Twitter and Facebook pages, and sadly, his team had posted confirmation. That night, I cried myself to sleep.

Some people think that it's weird or crazy to mourn Paul the way some people do. Call me biased but I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. A lot of girls fan over 1D or the Biebs, but can't we do the same for Paul? Just because he has passed away doesn't take away the fact that the world lost such a great human being on that day. It doesn't take away the fact that Paul was such a perfect person, even though he would deny it. When you come to look up at someone, you become emotionally invested. It's like they're a part of you. And when that part dies, a part of you goes along with it.

Paul stood for so many things. Everywhere he went, he touched someone. From those piercing blue eyes to his charm and loving ways, he was more than just a pretty boy. While he did have undeniably good looks, he was more than just that. He was a kind, caring soul who didn't care about all of the Hollywood fame. He was a family man and wanted the best for everyone he cared about.

Paul had so many things to give to the world, but I'm glad ROWW came before he left. He used his own money to fund it, solely out of the goodness of his heart. He didn't want his name all over it or didn't want any recognition for it, he just wanted to help people. That's who Paul was. And he didn't just fund it so people would do the dirty work. He actually went out on missions to make a difference. ROWW is just one of the many reasons I admire Paul. He is my #heroww, and I wish I could be half of the person he was.

Another reason I admire Paul is his love for his daughter. She was the love of his life. Even Paul's dad said that Meadow was all Paul would talk about, and I just love that. Paul admitted that he wasn't emotionally invested, but he was in the later years of his life. I'm so thankful that Meadow and Paul got closer and that she moved in with him before the accident. Paul was truly happy at the end and Meadow is a big reason for that. I feel for Meadow on so many levels.

This day shouldn't be for mourning, but that's how a lot of people are going to be dealing with it, including myself. I plan on watching his movies all day long, watching videos and listening to music that reminds me of him. Hopefully I can make a donation to ROWW as well. Today, I'm praying very hard for Paul, Meadow, his friends and his family. I wish everybody strength today, and I'm sending you lots of love, wherever you are at.

To Paul, we miss you terribly. I hope that you're having an amazing time in Heaven, and I hope that one day I get to spend some time with you up there. You wouldn't believe the impact you've had on so many others. I know you would be so proud of the things done for ROWW. We will continue to uphold your legacy, because that's the least we can do for all you've done for us. Please watch over your family, friends, and beautiful Meadow today, because they're going to need strength. We love you. Xoxo

Paul William Walker IV (September 12, 1973 - November 30, 2013)