Sixty One / Lightsabers and Pacifiers

A/N: Video on the side of Paul saying he wanted a Luke Sky Walker. It makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Also put a picture from Paul's Colcci campaign (swipe to the left on the video). Anyways, enjoy xo

{unedited}

September 20th, 2013 (40 weeks, 1 day)

As I walk slowly down the hallway, I sigh heavily. Getting my water to break on its own is turning out to be harder than I thought. This is my tenth trip up and down the hallway, and it hasn't seemed to help. I would be walking up and down the stairs too, but Paul told me that I shouldn't do that because I could fall. Meadow usually helps me walk, but since she is at school today, I am walking alone.

I can hear the sink turn on, right as a sharp pain shoots through my lower back. I take a deep breath and lean against the wall. Unfortunately, it's not a contraction, just back pain. Being pregnant does a number on my back, and it's one of the reasons I can't wait for Luke to be here.

Paul must know that something is going on because he comes down the hallway. "Are you okay?" He asks, looping his arm through mine. I nod slowly and he kisses my shoulder. "How about we go sit down for a while."

"No, I don't want to sit down," I try to tell him. I gather my strength and start walking again, but he just laughs at me.

"You're so damn stubborn. Come on, you need to take a break." He starts to lead me to the living room but I push him away.

I have to get my water to break. Doesn't he understand that? "Paul, I am a day past my due date. My water needs to break so we can have Luke." We walk into the kitchen and I lean on the countertop for support.

He leans on the countertop as well so he is at my level. "Listen to me, baby. Not everyone delivers on their due date. It's perfectly normal. You remember what the doctor said, right?"

I glare at him. He obviously doesn't understand. "Yes, I remember. But if my water doesn't break on its own, the doctor will have to break it. Considering I already have labor to go through, I would rather not do that."

Instead of replying, he chuckles and moves around me. I can see that he's fixing lunch, and my belly rumbles. Food sounds so good right now. He can see that I'm staring at the food and he laughs. "Lunch will be ready soon. If you're gonna walk some more, please be careful."

I nod and steady myself, ready to walk again. Before I can take another step, he starts laughing. "Has being with your Fast family too much tainted you?" I ask him.

"No, no, I just thought of something," he says, pulling out a knife to chop some tomatoes.

There is absolutely no telling what is in his mind right now. Between being a part of his actual family and his Fast family, I'm surprised that he doesn't act exactly like Cody and Caleb or Tyrese and Luda. But occasionally, he does act like them. I'm assuming this is one of those times. I look at him, awaiting his answer.

"They were telling me on set that having a lot of sex can make your water break," he says, grinning and chopping his tomato. He puts the knife down to look at me, trying to hold his laugh back.

"Are you being serious right now?" I ask him. He nods and I can't help but scrunch my face up. The thought of having sex right now isn't a good one. "I don't think we are going to be doing that. Besides, I doubt that's true. You're probably just telling me that so you can get some before we can't have any for a couple of weeks."

The space between us closes as he moves around the breakfast bar toward me. The way he is walking is slow and deliberate, and I'm sure that's all a part of his plan that's not going to work. When he gets to me, he takes both of my hands in his, then comes close so our lips are mere inches apart. "Would I lie to you, baby?"