Twenty One / Roses and Chocolate vs. Movie and Popcorn

A/N: I'm baaaaaaaack! :) Miss me? Probably not, you probably hate me for not updating in so long. Sorry! It's officially summer break (one day left but I'm skipping) so there shall be updates! :) Anyway, let's get to it!

Song: Everything by Lifehouse

February 14th, 2010

"Okay Callie, whatever. You're right. I should just stop seeing the guy I'm in love with." I roll my eyes, my hand gripping the phone tighter. Callie was trying to convince me to stop seeing Paul again after what had went down. It was a misunderstanding, but she doesn't get that. At this point, I'm just agreeing with her to get her to shut up.

"Yes, you should! He's going to break your heart again because you are letting him in!" Callie yells into the phone.

I hear the toilet flush in the guest bathroom not five feet away from me. "I'm sorry, but I'm not listening to you this time. I've gotta go. See you at work tomorrow." She starts to yell again but I end the phone call when the door opens.

Paul half smiles. "I have a feeling that Callie doesn't like us being back together."

His obvious comment makes me laugh. "You think?" I give him a quick kiss. He attempts to wrap his arms around me but I push him away, smiling. "Nope, not today." I walk off to the kitchen, Paul trailing behind me.

He tries to grab my hips and I swat at his hands constantly. Right as I am about to pass the refrigerator, he pushes me into it, his hands on my shoulders so I can't move. The action makes laughter bubble up inside of me, and I try to suppress it, but ultimately failing. Paul pulls back to look at me as if I am crazy. "What are you laughing at?"

I shake my head, not really knowing what to say, so I change the topic. "Why don't you go put a movie in while I get our popcorn and drinks?" My hands slide up his chest, but I instantly regret doing it. That will get him started again. However, I can't help it, because I am so used to doing it.

He pulls my hands off his chest and kisses them. "Alright, love," is all he says. With a smile in his eyes and on his lips, he walks out of the kitchen and over to my movie shelves.

Turning my attention back to the task at hand, I think about how weird it is to have him in my apartment after it has been so long, not that I'm really complaining. I love having him here. I grab a bowl out of the cabinet for the popcorn. When I pull the bag out of the microwave, I throw it at the bowl and curse at it being so hot. I can hear his laughter, and I turn to him, fake laughing, then stick my tongue out at him. That makes him laugh even more. I turn back around and open the popcorn bag, filling the bowl with its contents. "What do you want to drink?" I ask Paul, opening the refrigerator.

"Dr Pepper is good. What movie do you want to watch? I can't decide," Paul says, walking into the kitchen. I hand him our drinks and we carry the drinks and popcorn into the living room, putting them on the coffee table. He grabs my hand and softly pulls me over to the movie shelves. "It doesn't matter to me what we watch."

I stand close to him, craving his touch. It's like I can't get enough of him now. But really, who couldn't get enough of Paul? "Let's watch a scary movie."

He glances down at and smiles. "Really? A scary movie on Valentine's Day?"

I meet his eyes, those beautiful blues I never stopped loving. "Yes, it's perfect." Watching a scary movie allows me to cuddle up to him if I'm scared. But in all honesty, I've watched these scary movies a million times before, so the scare factor has definitely gone down for me. I decide on The Grudge, so I pull that one down from the shelf. Turning to him with a smile, I say, "Let's watch this one."