Eleven / 29 Candles

A/N: Ten days. Yes, I know, and I'm sorry. A lot going on in Makayla's world! But here's chapter eleven, so you guys don't kill me. :) Please read the other author's note at the end of this chapter, very important question to ask! And no, don't skip to the end of the chapter just to see what the question is. ;) As always, enjoy.

Countdown until Paul leaving: 1 month, 8 days

Today, I wake up to the sound of my phone going off like crazy. I groan and roll over, desperate to make it stop. I still need more sleep! After I turn my phone off, I sit up and turn my bedside lamp on and what I see I can't believe. 'Happy Birthday' balloons fill the ceiling of my bedroom, and upon counting them, there is 29. Which is the age I'm turning today. I smile. Obviously, it's Paul who done this. It really doesn't surprise me, though. Ever since what happened with Jake, I thought it would be best if Paul had a key to my apartment. He gave me a key to his apartment, too.

I check my phone, and there are tons of messages from friends, my parents, Callie, and Paul. I've had Jake's number blocked, and a restraining order against him, although I doubt that's going to keep him entirely away. Paul wants me to move in so he knows I'll be safe, and I'm seriously thinking about it. Shaking those thoughts away, I concentrate on reading all of the messages people have sent. I start with Paul's first.

Happy birthday, my love. I hope you enjoyed waking up to all the balloons :) Your first present is in your bathroom. Busy day today, so I'm not going to be able to do lunch. Hope you have a great day at work. I love you.

First present? How many presents is he planning on giving me? One thing is for sure, he is going to go above and beyond to make this a great birthday for me.

The next message I read is from Callie. The smile that was on my face from Paul, is now gone once I read this text.

Amanda and Katie are back.

Well, isn't that just great. The sidekicks of the head witch are back at work. I guess I did halfway expect them to come back, Dawn would never let them go. It's your birthday, Sierra. Don't let them get you down. Even with them, how can I be down when I have Paul by my side? Everything is great right now, and just thinking of the surprises that await me brings the smile back to my face.

Speaking of surprises...

I get out of bed and notice a note taped to my bathroom door. It reads:

Surprise #1 awaits you beyond this door.

Eagerly, I open the door. Looking around, I don't see anything. I even check behind the shower curtain to see if Paul is hiding there, being the goofball he is, but he's not. Just when I'm fixing to go get my phone and text him to ask where it is at, I catch a glimpse of something in the mirror, on the door. I turn around and look, and it is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. Paul must have spent a lot on it. Beside the dress, another note is taped to the door.

Wear this tonight.

I run my hands down the soft silk champagne dress, trying to imagine Paul's face when he picked this out. He probably had a huge grin on his face, like he always does. I shake my head and smile. His smile is the best in the whole world. I glance outside of the bathroom, at the clock. It's 6:30, I guess I should start getting ready for work. Who likes working on their birthday? No one. But of course, the worst boss in the world wouldn't let me off. I could be spending time with my fiancé right now. Fiancé...I love thinking of Paul like that. Sierra Walker has a nice ring to it.