Sixty Five / Thankful for Ocean Blues

A/N: picture on the side of Paul and Tyrese's last conversation on Thanksgiving, two days before he passed. Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the authors note that I am posting tomorrow!!! ITS VERY IMPORTANT and if you don't you're missing out. ;)

{unedited}

November 28th, 2013

The loud sound of the oven timer going off makes me jump out of my sleep. I can't believe I just fell asleep standing up. I rush over to the oven and take out the two desserts I made. As usual, I'm on dessert duty for the Walker family Thanksgiving.

When I set them down on the stove, I turn the fan on to cool them off. We have to leave soon if we want to be on time. I turn around and see Cody sitting at the breakfast bar. "Jesus, Cody! You scared the crap out of me!"

He looks at me in amusement. "I just watched you sleep standing up for five minutes." He opens a bag of chips and shovels some in his mouth.

"Yeah, that's totally not weird at all," I mumble, moving towards the fridge.

Cody ignores my comment, electing to change the subject instead. "So did my brother keep you up all night and that is why you're tired?" The smirk on his face irritates me.

I snatch the bag of chips away and put them back in the cabinet. "One, that's none of your business. Two, no he didn't. And three, where is Felicia?"

"She's in the playroom with Aubree and Elizabeth." Cody gets up and gets the bag of chips again. "These are mine, by the way. I paid for them."

Paul walks in and takes a deep breath. "It smells amazing in here!" He walks over to me and hugs me tightly. "Happy thanksgiving, baby. I'll show you how thankful I am for you tonight."

I'm still pissed off at him because of the movie scripts. He doesn't know that I know about them. I thought I would wait until he told me but it's almost been a week. However, it is Thanksgiving. I can stop being mad at him for today. "Honey, Cody is right there."

Cody eats another handful of chips and smiles at us.

My husband shrugs and lets me go. "It's just Cody." He opens the fridge up, grabs a Corona and hands it to Cody before getting himself one. "We need to be heading to Mom and Dad's soon. Meadow can ride with you and Felicia, that way we can put a couple of the dishes in your car."

"I'll go get Felicia and the kids," I note, walking around the kitchen island toward the hallway.

Things haven't exactly been all normal since Meadow's homecoming dance. Well, at least from my perspective. Paul might think everything is okay, but I don't see how it can be. He got the movie scripts two days ago and he tried to hide them from me by saying it was information about Fast & Furious 8. Obviously, I know better than to think that.

Instead of going to the playroom, I walk past it toward our bedroom. I want to know what these movies are. Paul's probably not going to tell me so I'll just have to find out myself. I glance around the room. Where would he have put them? I check the drawers on his side of the dresser, but no luck. The next place I check is the closet. Again, no luck.

I walk back into the bedroom and look around the room again. That's when his nightstand catches my eye. When I open it, I find a bunch of random stuff. There's a small box that has a tag on it, but there's no way that scripts could be in them. I dismiss it easily. There's also a unopened box of condoms. We don't need these now.

After I shift some random papers around, I find the scripts. There are three of them. Geez, how long is he planning on leaving? If each of these movies took at least three months, that's a total of nine months that he would be gone. That's a little longer than how long he will have been gone this year, but not by much.