Twenty / Reach Out Worldwide

A/N: So writing this chapter has made me cry, as you can tell by the title. Enjoy!

January 12th, 2010

Running down the hallway as fast as my feet will carry me, I slide in my socks straight into the wall. "Oof," I mumble, rubbing my head. Paul's sweet laugh isn't far behind me, so I don't have much time to recover. I quickly move into his bedroom, and try to shut the door behind me. But he's pushing it open, and he's way stronger than I am.

"You can't get rid of me!" Paul pushes the door open, and I start to fall backwards but I catch myself. He walks toward me with a slight smile on his face. "I've got you now." The look is enough to make me want to melt into a puddle right then and there.

I glance around the room, trying to find my escape, and I see a small window of opportunity to run around the bed and out the sliding doors. Taking that opportunity, I say, "Oh, no you don't," then I begin to laugh, thinking I have him beat. When I feel his arms around me, then pull me back toward the bed, I know I've lost.

"Nope, I still have you." And that he does. He still has my heart. It never left him. Paul pushes me against the bed gently, and I fall back on it. He gets on top of me, and my heart starts to race because of the proximity, being this close as we once were before. I'm caught up in his eyes, but he's still acting like the silly Paul he always is. Smiling, he whispers, "Prepare to be tickled."

I squirm, but that doesn't help any. Squirming never gets me anywhere, so I don't know why to even try. But, the squirming makes him come a little closer, so I squirm some more, until our faces are only a few inches apart. He's still acting like silly Paul until my eyes unlock from his and glance at his lips. At that moment, it's like a different look comes across him. His whole facial expression changes, and I know he's thinking the same thing that I am thinking. He looks from my lips and back to my eyes, like he's trying to decide whether he should or not.

My heart is caught in my throat and I am unable to speak. Before, I was still mesmerized at times from being with him. Now, it's a totally different thing, but I love it.

Since New Years, we have been trying to take things slow and make our way back to each other. No matter how much we pretend, we know things will never be the same as they once were. But that doesn't mean things can't be better.

This time, though, I allow Paul to make the move first. I was the one to make the move the first day back, now he needs to be the one this time. Slowly, he lowers his head, and our lips come together, locked to each other, never wanting to part. My arms wrap around him, pulling him as close as possible. I always liked him being close, that never changed.

He pulls away for a brief moment, so he can move us up in the bed. My head is now resting on his pillows, and Paul is back again, hovering over me. We share another kiss, much deeper than the previous one, and I can feel the same spark we always had. But something changes, as it becomes more heated, and more passionate, way faster than I could process. Paul starts to pull at my shirt, and I hesitate for a slight second, which makes him stop.

I break the kiss and move slightly away from him. "I'm not ready for that. We're taking things slow, remember?" Smoothing my hair back into place, I watch his face closely, expecting slight disappointment, but it never comes.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry. It's just been so long, and I was getting caught up in it." We are both sitting up now, but he moves to the edge of the bed, his back facing me. I look at him in confusion. He's Paul Walker, and if he wanted something he could get it, especially just a one night fling to satisfy his needs, whatever they may be. "To answer your question, yes, you are the last person I have been with. I tried once, thinking I could forget it, forget about everything. But I couldn't, it didn't feel right. I couldn't bring myself to do it for me, because I couldn't get you off my mind. You never left it since that day."