Chapter 1: Drakes P.O.V

We said our last farewells as the portals shined brighter than ever. I face Grayson and Mia one last time. Mia had tears falling down her cheeks as the realization of us possibly not seeing eachother hit.

"Mia. There's no need for tears. I'm sure we'll meet again on the other side. I promise I will look for you both." Grayson said, trembling on the words himself. My heart ached. They're my friends...my family. They helped me go through what I thought would be the end of my sanity. I swore to myself that no matter what paths come before me, I will always look for them.

"See you guys later." I say, smiling a bit. They nodded and faced their portals. We all walk through at the same time. The time automatically slowed down, as if the world itself had been frozen. I looked around but it was complete darkness. 'I hope the others are ok.' I thought to myself. Maybe they're seeing exactly what I'm seeing now? I pondered on the question for a bit.

I walked around for what seemed like years. Everything completely the same. 'Heh. Kinda reminds me of the portal back at the artic base.' I thought. No sooner did I remind myself, my heart began aching again. Armen, Grayson, and Mia. People I may never see again. Tears began streaming down my cheeks.

"Drake...You have to be stronger than this." I hear a voice echo.

"Who's there? What do you want?" I say, frantically looking around for the source of the noise.

"Thank you Drake. Thank you for everything. I'm finally free. You didnt let my brother down....you didn't let me down." I knew that voice. The voice that would play over and over again in my head.

"Armen..."

"It's ok Drake. Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself. Drake...he's after you. You need to find Grayson and Mia and stick close. You're at your weakest now. Your powers and your mental state. Please be careful Drake. For the sake of all of us."

"I will Armen. I promise!" My voice echoes. I listen for Armen but hear nothing. He was gone. I sat down and buried my face in my hands.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!!" I shout into the darkness. I begin to feel my strength disperse. Everything goes blurry until I see a light head towards me.

Suddenly, I hit face first into the grass. I look up and see trees surround me. I get on my feet only to get a rush of dizziness.

"I shouldn't have used that much magic. I had a feeling this would happen." I say to myself. I take a few steps when nausea hits me and sends me to the ground again.

"What's going on? This isn't right. I didn't use THAT much magic." My vision begins to blurr as darkness starts to consume me. A pair of white eyes stare at me until I am no longer concious.